Random Bye Week Thoughts | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Random Bye Week Thoughts

C'mon. Enough with the drops thing. Miami is actually 4th in the league in drops; the Chargers are first.

Also, 25% of the team's drops came in one game: Houston, which Brissett QB'd. I can't find a game-by-game drop statistic, but I'm guessing at least half of Miami's 20 drops were on Brissett passes.

People also call drops where none exists. For example, a lot of people keep saying Gesicki dropped that pass in the end zone, but the defender got a PD; that's not a drop.
Come on man!!! Lmaooooo

C'mon. Enough with the drops thing. Miami is actually 4th in the league in drops; the Chargers are first.

Also, 25% of the team's drops came in one game: Houston, which Brissett QB'd. I can't find a game-by-game drop statistic, but I'm guessing at least half of Miami's 20 drops were on Brissett passes.

People also call drops where none exists. For example, a lot of people keep saying Gesicki dropped that pass in the end zone, but the defender got a PD; that's not a drop.

Edit: Actually, Miami is tied for 3rd with KC in drops.
Tied for 3rd, as in 3rd most? Or 3rd least?

While I think Allen is a good QB, the league has kind of figured him out. He is going to get a run now and again, but you make him a passer and keep him contained in the pocket where he has to throw, he is now a great passer. Eliminate his ability to make plays outside the pocket and he is very beatable.

One more week to acclimate Lindsay and Duke Johnson to the offense

Brandon Jones hopefully will be back

Maybe they get to finally sit down and assess the OL and make a change

DVP's hamstring gets to recover after first game action in a while

One more week to acclimate Lindsay and Duke Johnson to the offense

Brandon Jones hopefully will be back

Maybe they get to finally sit down and assess the OL and make a change

DVP's hamstring gets to recover after first game action in a while
Will Fuller’s finger heals?

Tua

Since every thread starts with Tua, where does he rank among the AFC East quarterbacks? At the beginning of the the season there was no argument. Josh Allen was clearly the class of the division. But now? Tua is quickly closing the gap IMO.

In the latest QBR rankings, Tua has now passed Allen as the seventh highest ranked qb. Allen is 8th and Jones is 14th. Too early to rank Wilson.

I think that last drive in the Monday night game kind of epitomizes Allen's career. A terrific throw to Diggs to get close to midfield, but melting down in the redzone. Throwing high, making the wrong reads etc

The Run Game

This game also pointed out, as if we needed the reminder, how important the run game is. I was surprised at the success New England had pounding the rock.

Let's face it, most teams now are geared to stop the pass, or at least that is the priority.

The Dolphins absolutely have yo make this the offseason focus, putting close to 100 percent of their resources into the offensive line and finding a running back with some power.

New England, Buffalo and the Jets all play in cold weather. That's another reason to get the run game going.

So You're Telling Me We Have a Chance?

After that dreadful 1-7 start it's nice to be mathematically in the race. No team has ever started 1-7 and made rhe playoffs. It's not likely Miami gets there, but at least the season isn't bleak anymore.

Draft Class of 2021

The 2021 draft class could go down as one of the best in Miami Dolphins history. Waddle, Phillips, Holland and Eichenberg all playing major roles.

Watching the rookies adds some excitement to the last part of the season. Will Waddle break the all-time rookie reception record? Can Phillips get to 10 sacks? What else will we see out of Holland and Eichenberg?

What i hate is that Not in everbodys eyes Tua is closing the gap. Critics will always have an excuse, the current one being the "oh hes just throwing short passes to pad his stats". Or "hes not shown us enough" to call him a franchise QB. Funny thing is they dont realize calling him a bust so early means they already made up their minds about him.

I just want Tua to keep proving them wrong by winning. Thats probably the best way to shut them up. We might not win out, but by doing his best we know that hes already capable of carrying this team.

I just want Tua to keep proving them wrong by winning.

Tua will not prove a darn thing by winning. Just like Mac Jones proved nothing by winning yesterday. He needs to score and lead the team through thick and thin. Both.

Back
Top Bottom