Random Schizophrenic Notes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Random Schizophrenic Notes

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
1. The Denver Broncos lost to the Chicago Bears today, even with the "great" Jake Plummer back from injury. They scored 10 points against an inconsistent Bears defense. This is big for us. Right now as things stand we would be in the playoffs as the #6 seed. I know that isn't all that impressive but anything can happen in the playoffs especially when a team goes hot.

2. This is a big juicer of a win for the players heading into a very very short week and a Turkey Day appearance in Dallas. Thats big. Adrenaline alone will keep the players fresh during the week. We don't tend to do well on short weeks, but short week games in which we lost the game heading into the short week, are just about hopeless for us.

3. Steve McNair got injured today, is listed as doubtful for this monday night against the Jets. With Pennington at the helm, the Jets could easily steal this game, especially since it is prime time. Any losses by the Colts, Titans, Chiefs, or Patriots are big for us right now down the stretch if we hope to turn this Jay Fiedler game winner into a momentum builder down the stretch.

4. The Bills lost today. With 7 losses each, that puts the Bills and Jets all but out of the division title race. They'll be playing with just their hatred for their opponent (us) from here on out. Neither are to be overlooked, but at least this year we won't see the Jets creeping from out of nowhere to steal the division like last season.

Oh...and one last note...

5. The last time New England lost, it was to the Washington Redskins. :)

New England travels to Indianapolis this Sunday. So if we steal one in Dallas....and NE goes down.....we'll have a chance next Sunday to catch up.

That is, we'll have a chance to catch up when we travel up to New England.

Either way, New England, Tennessee, Indy, and KC are our enemies right now. KC not so much cuz they seem to have a decent command of the #1 seed.

But with Tennessee's MVP candidate injured next week against the Jets, and with New England facing Indy, two of those three bad teams could take losses next week.

GOD DAMN I wish the Texans woulda upset New England. They had plenty of chances. So did we, for that matter.

But in that scenario I'm wondering Muck...would we hold the tie breaker for the division?

Indy beats NE, we travel up to NE and beat them...both of us are 9-4...I guess we would hold the tiebreak because we'd be 3-1 in the division while NE would be 2-2 for the moment.

In that scenario the final two weeks of the season would be a real thriller...because New England plays the Jets then Buffalo, while we play Buffalo then the Jets...with both the Phins and the Pats contending with each other for the division title, and division record becoming supreme.

Oh two more notes.

Combined record of our next 5 opponents...

33-22.

Combined record of NE's next 5 opponents...

23-29.

Ouch. The pats have already played their tough opponents for the most part. We gotta face off with the Cowboys, Eagles, Pats, Bills, and Jets...while the Pats get to play the Jags.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
That is, we'll have a chance to catch up when we travel up to New England.

Either way, New England, Tennessee, Indy, and KC are our enemies right now. KC not so much cuz they seem to have a decent command of the #1 seed.

Not getting ahead of ourselves, but yes you're correct. If we beat Dallas and Indy beats NE, we would be playing 10 days later to take over the AFC East lead (or fall pretty much hopelessly behind).

One interesting (or not) thing to note about the wildcard race: we are effectively one game behind the Colts/Titans runner-up, rather than two, since they play each other again and one of them is (almost) guaranteed a third loss. Unfortunately, with head-to-head losses to both of them the #1 wildcard remains out of reach without a few upsets helping us out.

Hey! Any given sunday you can win or lose. The JAGS beat the colts...that was huge and a real upset for my friend who is a colts fan. The colts are better than the Pats in my opinion. Lets hope for another Jag upset.

Unfortunately any given sunday means the Dolphins could take a couple more losses as well. The Pats barely scraped one today.

Lets hope they continue to suffer injuries on offense.

Back
Top Bottom