Random Thoughts At 6-6 (mostly Dolphins Related) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Random Thoughts At 6-6 (mostly Dolphins Related)

The Texans, Chiefs & Chargers are monumentally better than the Dolphins. If we squeak into the playoffs....we're going to get destroyed in the first round....either by the Pats, Chargers or Ravens. Sorry to be a debbie downer....but this team had a slight chance before all the injuries....now...we'll be lucky to go 8-8.

I agree it's VERY unlikely Miami will get to the playoffs. OTOH, IF they get to the playoffs, I don't care if Miami "gets destroyed." Getting to the playoffs is better than half the AFC. Squeak in? Back in? Don't care. Every team not currently in a playoff spot needs help, back in, squeak in. Happens every year. Just get there. That's progress.

Ues 6 10 is a reality but a healthy RT and yes Cinci, Indy and Green Bay could be wins. Like Awsi Dooger points out Gase tends to still win games we should loose. Remember preseason we were touted the worst team in NFL this year. Tbum is a huge issue been touting this from day 1 he needs to go. Great GM hire and we will do well. Sign Howard and Tunsil now.

We are a bad team with no hope if we think a 7 year QB who has us one game over 500 is worthy of credit. Man oh man how far we have fallen.
I meant to compare it with Brock Osweiller's 2-3 record. Yes, 4-3 isn't great but I do feel better about the team's chances to win a game with Tannehill back.

My only issue with the holding penalty is that they should call it every once a while in Foxboro and other places that the patriots happen to be playing that day. I spent a decade watching Cameron wait get tackled play after play and never see in a holding call. It could be 25 yard penalty but if it’s not cold it’s no penalty.

Agree, but to be fair, the refs can't watch 5 OLmen, a TE, and a RB at the same time. Some holds will get missed.
I'm not so worried about the ones that get missed honestly. I'm worried about the blatant ones that are clearly seen and not called. There are a lot of them.

I realize the refs do not want to slow down the game, and no call is more annoying to a casual fan than a holding call, because to them it happens away from the action. Unless an OL tackles a DE with a clear line to the QB, the casual fan often prefers the game to just go along. So, the NFL understands that and the refs understand that. But, it leads to the refs having a significant discretion on whose offense is effective.

Big teams in big markets with big fanbases, like the New England Patriots or Dallas Cowboys, always seem to get the calls. Smaller market teams with big traditions and a currently large fan base, like Pittsburgh and Green Bay, get the benefit of the doubt often as well. Media darling QB's like Andrew Luck rarely get their offenses derailed for holding either. And home teams are usually cut some slack as well. Fortunately, we're the home team half the time (when we're not the London "home" team), so we've seen our share of it as well. But, more often than not, it works against the Dolphins.

IMHO, the refs could call and enforce holding much quicker. Have one guy physically move the ball, while the clock runs and the main official voices it to the crowd. It barely slows down the game at all. But how it is done now, slows it down tremendously. First, the flag is thrown and the whistle blown, then the officials confer, then the official announces the call, then he goes and picks up the ball, walks off the enforced 10 yards, then restarts the clock. Half of that could be done simultaneously, with far less game delay, more time for sponsors spots (which the NFL wants), and less annoyance to the fan. Just have the flag throwing ref mic or hand signal the call to the other refs, then have the main guy voice it as another ref walks it off. Maybe it would be called more if it were less disruptive?

My randoms:
  • Sign Kareem Hunt - yeah, I said it. I watched the tape - several times - he did not hit/strike the girl (or mash her to the ground) - he kicked her foot while she was sitting on the ground, then he walked away - I have a daughter, and there is no excuse for hitting a woman, but that soft kick to her shoe wasn't ****. He also didn't knock her to the ground - watch the tape closely. Where is the so-called beating? Ray Rice deserved jail time for what he did, this guy needs counseling/anger management.
  • With a healthy line - Tannehill is an 11-5 or 10-6 QB. With no oline, 6-10 or 8-8. However, even at 11-5 I am done with Tannehill - he doesn't seem to have that "will-to-win" moxie. I don't see him as the leader needed to take us far in the playoffs.
  • Parker is soft - but when he is healthy, we rarely throw him the ball. When we throw him the ball, he really isn't that bad - he can stay - but not at $9M+.
  • Adios Branch, Tank, and Harris. Wake must retire a Fin - he is not just a regular player. You can't cut Wake - that's like cutting JT.
  • We have to draft another Mike.
  • Although I think Burke has no idea what he is doing - if this team scored 30 points a game (and had no injuries) - we'd be a 12-4 team. Our main problem remains - we can't score and we run the fewest offensive plays per game every year because our offense stinks.
  • lol at Philbin being a head coach again - wow.

Back
Top Bottom