Random thoughts on draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Random thoughts on draft

prolific

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Would you be disappointed if the phins don't take a QB in this draft? I would be surprised but not disappointed.

Those that think this is a weak draft I believe are sadly mistaken. I haven't seen this much depth in a draft in a long time. Coach Saban has been pretty tight lipped about which direction he will go in the draft and that's a good thing IMO. Although san Fran has the #1 pick I think the phins hold all the cards because no matter who/whom they select at #1 there will still be another guy at the same position that some team will want to move up to get.

So it doesn't matter which Qb, Rb or Wr SF selects there will be a second guy at that position some team may be willing to move to get.

Coach may tip his hand a bit depending on how far down he is willing to trade down, I believe this may give an indication to which player(s) he is targeting.

If he stays at #2 the I think the choice is Smith/Rodgers

If he trades down to the fifth pick I think the choice is Williams/Edwards.
Tampa moves up to select Smith I think the drafts goes like this:

SF Rodgers
TB Smith
Cle Edwards
Chi Benson
Phins Williams (usc)

If he trades down to the #7 pick I think the choice will be Caddy/Brown

SF Rodgers
Minn Edwards
Cle Smith
Chi Benson
Bucs Williams/Williams (Usc)
Tenn. Williams (usc) Rolle
Phins Williams (Aub)/Brown

This is the scenario I see happening for the phins I personally take Mike William, I don't pass on a guy that big and fast with flypaper hands with no history of injury or taking plays off. (maybe that's my USC bias showing)

My phins mock draft:

rd 1 Williams (SC) WR
rd 2 pick obtained for Surtain Marion Barber III RB
rd 3 Michael Munoz LT
rd 4 Adrian McPherson QB
rd 5 Junior Rosegreen FS
rd 7 Mike Goolsby ILB

Thought?

i dont want Alex smith, a RB or WR would do me...

We cant take a LT. Its in MacIntosh's contract. Since all his incentives are based on playing time they put a clause in saying we cant sign or draft 1 basically in exchange for him taking the Vet minimum of 563k. As it is Vernon Carey is giving LT a shot so lets hope he pans out there.

Where is the extra 2nd round picks for trading down? Or are you taking Mike Williams at #2?

I would be upset if we didn't take a QB on the first day. We need a young QB to groom and there are some nice ones in the second and third round.

Oboy said:
Where is the extra 2nd round picks for trading down? Or are you taking Mike Williams at #2?
Yes in this scenario I would take him with the #2 pick, it would be gravy to trade down and get him.

Back
Top Bottom