Random Thoughts With Six Games to Play | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Random Thoughts With Six Games to Play

I really like the "structure" of everything you've said here and I agree with the majority of it.
I would add that if Flores and Co truly believe in the Patriots way of players playing then Rosen doesn't play for the rest of the year.
They truely seem to have a "general" phiolosphy that you have to "earn" you're playing time.
We've all heard the stories about Bellichect and Co. quizzing players on the most random things.

If something similiar exist then Rosen likely isn't seeing the field. Essentially he has to "know more" or "do more" or at the very least "be on the same footing" as Fitz.

Point being, I don't see them just giving him a start. He has to earn it!

As for Rosen starting earlier in the season, that has upper management written all over it and not some Flores wanted.
Well, I certainly have no problem making players "earn it". Anything less has the ring of favoritism.

In this case though, they may see it as benificial in the long run, to have Josh take some "live" snaps, going into the offseason.

I can see it from both a confidence standpoint, as well as a measuring stick.

I really like the "structure" of everything you've said here and I agree with the majority of it.
I would add that if Flores and Co truly believe in the Patriots way of players playing then Rosen doesn't play for the rest of the year.
They truely seem to have a "general" phiolosphy that you have to "earn" you're playing time.
We've all heard the stories about Bellichect and Co. quizzing players on the most random things.

If something similiar exist then Rosen likely isn't seeing the field. Essentially he has to "know more" or "do more" or at the very least "be on the same footing" as Fitz.

As for Rosen starting earlier in the season, that has upper management written all over it and not some Flores wanted.

Agree with that. Rosen will have to show a minimum level of 'getting it' before he sees the field again. The flip side is, if he DOES see the field again, it's evidence Flo has seen enough improvement to give him a shot.

So basically Rosen was just a wasted second round draft pick that the coaching staff have decided should sit behind Fitzpatrick. A QB who has never been anything more than a inconsistent starter and a long time backup.
My belief is that Fitzpatrick should be benched and Rosen should start the remaining games. If he doesn’t show enough improvement to compete for the starting job in 2020 or if they don’t think he can be a solid backup for the next few years, they should sign another QB in free agency to compete for playing time against the QB they draft.
This is the year Flores and the coaching staff need to be playing the younger players to see if they can be part of the future. Fitzpatrick is not part of the future unless they plan on hiring him as their QB coach.
I have no idea if Rosen has a future in Miami or not. I do know that Fitzpatrick is not part of the long term future and I have zero interest in continuing to watch him play QB while Rosen sits on the bench.

So basically Rosen was just a wasted second round draft pick that the coaching staff have decided should sit behind Fitzpatrick. A QB who has never been anything more than a inconsistent starter and a long time backup.
My belief is that Fitzpatrick should be benched and Rosen should start the remaining games. If he doesn’t show enough improvement to compete for the starting job in 2020 or if they don’t think he can be a solid backup for the next few years, they should sign another QB in free agency to compete for playing time against the QB they draft.
This is the year Flores and the coaching staff need to be playing the younger players to see if they can be part of the future. Fitzpatrick is not part of the future unless they plan on hiring him as their QB coach.
I have no idea if Rosen has a future in Miami or not. I do know that Fitzpatrick is not part of the long term future and I have zero interest in continuing to watch him play QB while Rosen sits on the bench.
That's pretty much where I am as well. At the least, I think Miami should give Rosen the last four starts.

Saying that, I do recognize that Fitzpatrick has been serviceable.

At this stage i'm not sure how anyone can conclude he's a "wasted second round draft pick."
He's still on the team, as of now, and his story is still being written.
They're is not thing wrong with giving Rosen a full year in the system.
How much time did Garrapollo or Bursette get in that system sitting behind Brady?
Why should Rosen be the execption?

Also, your belief of benching FItz, just because, and starting Rosen seems to ignore what these coaches see everyday and player safety.
Rosen's safety and the safety of those pass catchers. Case and point, ask Hurns what it felt like trying to catch a dangerous and late throw from Rosen.
There's a real chance of peopel getting hurt in the game. Especially when they're not ready and they play at the QB position.

These coaches have a responsibility to help protect these players and not ask them to play with someone that increases their chances of getting hurt tenfold.

we should not forget that Fitz was absolutely terrible before he got benched. I think Flores felt media/fan pressure as much as anything else.

we should not forget that Fitz was absolutely terrible before he got benched. I think Flores felt media/fan pressure as much as anything else.
The fan/media pressure is the one thing Flores doesn't worry about. Case in point the stare at the media bloke who laughed in his press conference. BB certainly doesn't care about the media and Flores has taken that on board but with a slightly more accommodating approach. Flores is his own man ie the FO has cleared the talent pool in order to get the best draft picks but Flo mentality is to win and fair play to him for that. Shula would have done the same. In saying this Flo with his hard up bringing does have a large caring factor evidenced by his family comments plus valuing the friendships he has made along the way and I believe this is one of the reasons the players have brought in and are responding by playing better than expected at times.

Here are some thoughts I have with the season starting to wind down.

1. I like how Fitzpatrick has competed at quarterback, especially considering Miami can't run the ball or protect very well. That said, I think Rosen needs to play down the stretch. Maybe that's the last four games, but he needs to start soon so that a better evaluation can be made about his future.
2. Find ways to get Grant the ball. I liked the wild cat play where Grant was used in the backfield. With his talent and big play ability, the coaching staff needs to find more ways to get the ball in his hands. Perhaps some reverses, runs, more balls thrown his way --- a combination of all of those.
3. Laird should get more chances at running back, especially with Walton now cut. I am not a fan of Ballage at all.
4. Free agency --- with the coaching staff making strides I feel better about free agents possibly picking Miami. I know everyone says it comes down to money, but that's really just part of the equation. The fact that the team is competing despite a talent disparity has to be good news for free agency.
5. I really want a multi-dimensional quarterback in the draft. Looking at all the big plays in the NFL so many are "off schedule" type plays where athletic quarterbacks either get chunk plays with their legs or avoid the rush and find receivers open deep down the field. Despite his injury, I still think Tua is in play depending on his rehab.

I'm with you on everything except Tua. This franchise has taken players in the first round several times that were coming off injury or were deemed "injury prone" leading up to the draft. No way I'd risk it with Tua. His injuries aren't just nagging injuries. He's suffered a couple serious ones. Far too big a risk for me. And his hip may never be the same.

This staff looks at a season in four parts, look for Rosen in the fourth quarter of the season

I'm with you on everything except Tua. This franchise has taken players in the first round several times that were coming off injury or were deemed "injury prone" leading up to the draft. No way I'd risk it with Tua. His injuries aren't just nagging injuries. He's suffered a couple serious ones. Far too big a risk for me. And his hip may never be the same.
I have serious doubts as well. Based on talent, I'd run up the card. Tough position for Miami. They may, ultimately, end up with a lesser talent like Herbert.

Agree with most of what you said here.
As far as getting Grant the ball, you listed a few things that could help and I agree with those. The hardest thing to do with Grant tho is throwing him the ball. He's a small target and he doesn't have good hands so all the other stuff would be the way to go for the most part.

As far as Tua. Well like you said, a lot depends on his rehab but I'm not gonna cry if we take a different QB as there are plenty of concerns with Tua and they're legit imo.
Grant is inconsistent too. Maybe injuries were a factor. With the running game struggling perhaps they could use him some in the backfield.

At this stage i'm not sure how anyone can conclude he's a "wasted second round draft pick."
He's still on the team, as of now, and his story is still being written.
They're is not thing wrong with giving Rosen a full year in the system.
How much time did Garrapollo or Bursette get in that system sitting behind Brady?
Why should Rosen be the execption?

Also, your belief of benching FItz, just because, and starting Rosen seems to ignore what these coaches see everyday and player safety.
Rosen's safety and the safety of those pass catchers. Case and point, ask Hurns what it felt like trying to catch a dangerous and late throw from Rosen.
There's a real chance of peopel getting hurt in the game. Especially when they're not ready and they play at the QB position.

These coaches have a responsibility to help protect these players and not ask them to play with someone that increases their chances of getting hurt tenfold.
Great point.

Agree with that. Rosen will have to show a minimum level of 'getting it' before he sees the field again. The flip side is, if he DOES see the field again, it's evidence Flo has seen enough improvement to give him a shot.

I’m think once Miami is “Mathematically” eliminated from the playoffs, LOL, Rosen gets to play. I’m hoping for next week.

Back
Top Bottom