Randy McMichael Contract | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Randy McMichael Contract

Rocky Raccoon

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I hope we sign McMichael to a long term contract sometime soon because I don't want him to go into free agency, he is the vocal leader of this team, and a great tight end.

If you guys don't resign him I would love to have him in DC. IMO he's a Top-5 TE.

DanStillStands said:
I would hate to lose him! :fire:

We won't. Franchise # for a TE is pretty manageable. If he performs this year he'll get franchised and they will work out the #'s.

sign him before this season because he will have a great season and his value will go up, costing even more for us to keep him.

we will save a couple of millions by signing him before the start of this season.

VanDolPhan said:
We won't. Franchise # for a TE is pretty manageable. If he performs this year he'll get franchised and they will work out the #'s.
I think he will prove that he's worth being franchised.

ScrepsMJ said:
I hope we sign McMichael to a long term contract sometime soon because I don't want him to go into free agency, he is the vocal leader of this team, and a great tight end.

Well, we just saw Heap's contract and here's where Mcmicheal stand within all that..this was taken from the Giants site with shockey as the point of reference.

eremy Shockey vs. other NFL tight ends in the first three years of their NFL careers:

Receptions
Shockey - 183
Tony Gonzalez -168
Randy McMichael -161
Todd Heap - 141
Alge Crumpler -105

Receiving Yards
Shockey - 2095
Gonzalez -1838
McMichael -1874
Heap - 1735
Crumpler -1337

Touchdowns
Gonzalez -15
Crumpler -11
Shockey - 10
McMichael - 10
Heap - 10

Average catches per game played
Shockey - 4.7
Gonzalez - 3.6
McMichael -3.4
Heap - 3.2
Crumpler - 2.2

Wow Shockey has better numbers then i thought he did.

I just hope that Mr "I am going to make all of my clients holdout" Drew doesnt posion McMike's head of thinking he should get paid as like the #1 or #2 TE.

Back
Top Bottom