Randy Mcmichael extension? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Randy Mcmichael extension?

LOCAL SCUM!

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I'm not sure where I read it, but somewhere that the Dolphins won't try to pay Randy Mcmichael what he's expected to get..Do yall think this guy Alex Holmes they picked up would be the beginning of Saban trying to find a guy to replace McMike?? I think he IS our offense. To me..he's untradeable, unreleaseable...unbelieveable...PAY THE MAN!

mc mike is a better weapon for aj then holmes im expecting randy to get a extension

I dont think McMike will ge the extension. He had a monster year and will therefore be looking for a sizable contract. I dont think he will match those numbers again this year and besides Im not sure Saban will want to overpay for a TE - even one as good as McMike.

This could get ugly.

JMO

I think Randy will get his extension right before the start of TC. However, I wouldn't be suprised to see Saban give McMichael the 2005 season as a tryout and sign him next offseason.

I read somewhere a while back that he's likely to play this year on his current deal before getting a new contract after the season

We will use the Franchise designation on McMichael and we'll get him at a bargain while he's got the tag on. At 2 million per, that's a bargain for us. We'll lock him up later when we have the cash to do so.

Surferosa said:
I dont think McMike will ge the extension. He had a monster year and will therefore be looking for a sizable contract. I dont think he will match those numbers again this year and besides Im not sure Saban will want to overpay for a TE - even one as good as McMike.

This could get ugly.

JMO

I'm with you there buddy.

I think it would be of best interest to give Randy McMichael a contract extension and sign him long term much like we did with Chambers as soon as possible. If we wait until dealing with it until Free Agency we could always end up Franchising him which wouldn't be such a bad idea, but the problem is if he ends up holding out because of it and wants a long term contract and big bucks (especially another good season) we could end up losing him all together with little or no compensation.

McMike is good, but untradeable c'mon. He drops a lot of balls. He was personally responsible for killing a lot of drives. Yes he makes some plays, but were rebuilding and if he wants top top dollar he has to go.

If Randy does go on the market (by trade or otherwise) expect the BILLS to be big players. Thy have had 3 TE's with major knee surgery's in 2 years including their 3rd rounder this year who just got injured and is out for the year.

Randy isnt going to hit the market. Next year he is the only FA we have WORTHY of the franchise tag. Randy is going to play this year, underpaid, under his current contract. We will slap the franchise tag on him next year and if we can sign him to a long term deal thats friendly, we will do it, if not he will carry the 1 year franchise TE tender. Lets face it, Randy is a top 5 TE in the NFL so therefore slapping the franchise tag on him isnt a bad idea and the pay thats associated with a TE isnt like we are franchising a RB, CB, or QB. Costwise, its actually a good move by us.

Why would we extend him this year when he is still under contact and underpaid and we dont have another player that is going to be a FA next year that is franchise tag worthy. If randy has another monster year this year, then I think they will hammer out an extension. If not, we have something to fall back on. Theres no way Randy sees free agency.

"Blahblahblah.......Randy Mcmichael ........blahablahblah...........I think he IS our offense. To me..he's untradeable, unreleaseable...unbelieveable...PAY THE MAN!"

He is one of my favorite Phins. He makes some sick catches, but also makes some critical drops. I say the franchise tag is the way to go, then work out a deal next year. This year we're trying to fix the cap hell Wanny and Spielman(sp?) put us in. That saying I would love for him to retire in aqua and orange.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom