Randy McMichael | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Randy McMichael

dreaded34

Player-Hater Hater!!
Club Member
Reaction score
Well, it seems that most of you in this board have been too busy with your usual sulking, finger pointing and crying after a Dolphins loss. It appears that most of you who are consistently whining about not hitting the long ball are overlooking something very good for this offense that happened in the fourth quarter of the Patriots game.

Don't ask me what made it all click, but the offense has now realized that they have a consistent mid range passing attack with none other than Randy McMichael stepping up big and wanting the ball in that fourth quarter. Now, I will not accept that it was just the match up that was being taken advantage of as an excuse from you nay Sayers. This team has found a way to make you pay for stacking 8 men in the box to stop Ricky.

This makes things a little more interesting in weeks to come. Coaches will have to think twice about overplaying the run against this team. Although they lost the game, they were put in a position to win it not once but twice behind the mid range passing of Fiedler to McMichael which also opened up a little running from Ricky Williams.

Now you have a respectable mid range passing game and running game. This will present more opportunities in the weeks to come for this offense. How appropriate McMichael wears the same 81 that was once worn by one of the best "over the middle" receivers in the game.

Ricky makes a difference! .....and soon, Randy McMichael will!!!!!!!!!!!

Randy McMichael is certainly making a case for himself as one of the pre-eminent TE's in the league.

He does it all, not only is a great receiver and great after the catch, but he is a good blocker as well.

Remember, that was him making multiple downfield blocks on the reverse.

You do realize that New England was missing all of their starting linebackers, right?

You do realize that Rodney Harrison is a good hitter, but bad in coverage, right?

Ty Law was *OUT* injured.

You do realize that Miami only scored 13 points with mismatches like this, right?

Originally posted by Sherif
Miami had a mismatch at TE in this game. It won't happen every week.

From my post:

"Now, I will not accept that it was just the match up that was being taken advantage of as an excuse from you nay Sayers."

Stop believing everything that flows from the announcers during the game.

Ricky makes a difference!

I completely agree dreaded34... its good to see a positive post. This board gets FLOODED with sulkers after a loss... never looking at the bright side. Anyone think that normally this time of year we are undefeated at home and not doing well on the road.. its opposite! Maybe that means our december is opposite too! Just a thought.

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
Um...I think it's great that Randy and especially Darrius finally had break-out games....but where were they in the 4th Quarter when we kept punting the ball?

Didn't DT make that catch across the sidlines on our drive to set up a FG?

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
Um...I think it's great that Randy and especially Darrius finally had break-out games....but where were they in the 4th Quarter when we kept punting the ball?

McMichael was the one keeping the drive alive in the 4th that led to the miss FG.

None of which got any points on the board. Again, I love that those guys stepped it up Sunday...but as we've been telling the fans of the teams we've beaten in weeks 2-4...unless they get points on the board, none of those yards mean diddly.

Derrius dropped a pass that was turned into an INT, and was out of bounds twice on his long reception.

McMichael is the real deal.

Our O-Line stinks, and I think putting in Brian might be a good idea for a spark...if he has everything down of course.

dude, what are you doing here on a "dolphins" message board. compared to most dolphin fans you're not an optimist, you're delusional. all kidding aside, you're stating the obvious. But these die easy fans don't want to be let down again. thus, they'll only believe their team is good after a super bowl win. personally, I feel that half the teams in the nfl can win it all this year. and, the dolphins are in that half.

Back
Top Bottom