Randy Mueller likes A.J. Feeley..considered drafting him | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Randy Mueller likes A.J. Feeley..considered drafting him

Gladsadmad

Active Roster
Reaction score
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/9023915.htm

"What would have happened if early front-runner Randy Mueller had become the Dolphins' general manager instead of Rick Spielman?

''There's no way of knowing, [but] I always thought A.J. Feeley had starter's ability, and we considered drafting him when I was with the Saints,'' Mueller said.

``I don't think Miami could have afforded to wait for a veteran quarterback to become available in free agency. You couldn't chance it. Miami should be credited for this.''

That's not going to sit well with many of the pro-Mueller people. :lol:

Nice research gladsadmad im pretty sure this will get a lot of people talking now.

The list of people I as a Saints fan have heard Mueller say he "considered" drafting is far more impressive than the list of those he did as Saints GM.

Well I guess we will see who has the pull now. If he really feels this way, then we are even futher from getting a REAL QB in here. I don't see this being a quick turnaround. The worst that could happen is AJ play out of his head and get some 75 qb rating and make them wait another year before we get another QB in here. This is not good news. I am wondering if this is an upgrade at GM.

dominizzo said:
He will hate Feeley as soon as Felley will throw % ints for runbacks
I think he has more patience than that....

Maybe when Feeley throws 20 ints and 5 TDs, but definately not after one.

Gladsadmad said:
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/9023915.htm

"What would have happened if early front-runner Randy Mueller had become the Dolphins' general manager instead of Rick Spielman?

''There's no way of knowing, [but] I always thought A.J. Feeley had starter's ability, and we considered drafting him when I was with the Saints,'' Mueller said.

``I don't think Miami could have afforded to wait for a veteran quarterback to become available in free agency. You couldn't chance it. Miami should be credited for this.''

Man, Paintopleasure, Stevie S, and others are going to crucify Muller for thinking this way...Muller just won some brownie points with me...and I'm someone who doesn't really think well of his hiring.

anyone who thinks feeley will throw the same amount of interceptions this upcoming year doesn't know squat about the quarterback position and the learning curve involved. Quite frankly they don't know anything about football period

Well he just lost some of my faith. I hope he wouldn't of considered trading for him, because I don't think he was a player worth trading for. Now perhaps he'll prove me wrong and be the "next Jake Delhomme," or somebody but who knows. I like the hiring, but who knows what'll happen, Saban definately could've done worse. Hiring a guy with experience is a definate plus IMO, Saban is a rookie NFL coach and someone to help him with player decisions who has experience should help him long-term.

adamprez2003 said:
anyone who thinks feeley will throw the same amount of interceptions this upcoming year doesn't know squat about the quarterback position and the learning curve involved. Quite frankly they don't know anything about football period

Duck..

:couch:

adamprez2003 said:

I know, if Gus starts than Aj won't see the field.

Gus won't be the starter by the end of the year. how long it takes feeley to learn his third system in three years, i don't know but frerotte is an average second stringer at best. He might start the year but feeley will take the job from him before too long. Rosenfels has more physical talent than Frerotte. Frerotte is simply a stopgap until Feeley learns the system

Seriously guys, what is he supposed to say? First day on the job and asked about the team's current starting QB? Is he supposed to say he sucks and I hate him? How does that help anybody, including the fans? If the GM won't stand behind the QB on his first day, why would fans want to?

Furthermore, I think when you are a GM, you "consider" drafting anyone really. I mean, if someone asked you if you had considered drafting a player and you said, " No, not really, in fact, we didn't even have a scout look at him at the combine or watch any game film or anything on him" they would be crucified.

These are P.R. statements from Randy trying to win brownie points and instill confidence in the player and fans.

Note: I like Feeley as well. I am just making these points so people don't go throw themselves in front of a bus.

adamprez2003 said:
Gus won't be the starter by the end of the year. how long it takes feeley to learn his third system in three years, i don't know but frerotte is an average second stringer at best. He might start the year but feeley will take the job from him before too long. Rosenfels has more physical talent than Frerotte. Frerotte is simply a stopgap until Feeley learns the system

I hope so, because I don't want to be stuck with Gus..I want the young gun learning the O with the rest of the O who will be learning the system. Might as well start AJ from the get and let him get comfortable in the system, since this is the first year anyway...use it to teach everyone.

Back
Top Bottom