Randy Mueller's opinions of AJ | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Randy Mueller's opinions of AJ

FinsNYanksFan13

Banned on Points
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I'm curious if anyone has ever heard Mueller's opinion of Feeley. I ask because everyone in the media was killing the Dolphins for this trade and since he was always on espnews and sportscenter I am just curious if anyone knows or saw anything on one of them shows (or on a radio show ect.) with him speaking on the trade. The Dolphins got a lot of pub last year because of how terrible they were and it really spotlighted the trade (especially since we lost a high pick in the 2nd). I know Mueller has to be politically correct right now but I was just wondering if anyone knows how he went on the record about the trade when he was still with ESPN!

Someone posted a thread on this the day after he was hired. IIrc, he thought it was a good pick and said he'd considered drafting Feeley.

Really does not matter right now, Feeley has to prove himself in Camp and preseason, if he does not win the Job, I feel he is gone in 2006.

I do remember reading the post Aqua is talking about.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
I'm curious if anyone has ever heard Mueller's opinion of Feeley. I ask because everyone in the media was killing the Dolphins for this trade and since he was always on espnews and sportscenter I am just curious if anyone knows or saw anything on one of them shows (or on a radio show ect.) with him speaking on the trade. The Dolphins got a lot of pub last year because of how terrible they were and it really spotlighted the trade (especially since we lost a high pick in the 2nd). I know Mueller has to be politically correct right now but I was just wondering if anyone knows how he went on the record about the trade when he was still with ESPN!

Back around draft time when Mueller was doing all those interviews on ESPN about teams needs and how their futures looked he said on more then 1 occasion that Feeley clearly wasnt our QB of the future!

Mueller did say he thought about drafting Feeley. But alot of teams draft QBs to be backups - 2nd and 3rd stringers. I doubt VERY seriously that Mueller wanted to draft Feeley with the intentions of him being a starter. AJ is simply not starter material.
I have also heard Mueller say that AJ is not the answer for Miami's future at the QB position.

SCall13 said:
Mueller did say he thought about drafting Feeley. But alot of teams draft QBs to be backups - 2nd and 3rd stringers. I doubt VERY seriously that Mueller wanted to draft Feeley with the intentions of him being a starter. AJ is simply not starter material.
I have also heard Mueller say that AJ is not the answer for Miami's future at the QB position.
Teams draft QBs to be back-ups??

I was under the impression that if a team used a pick on a QB that there was at least some hope or possibility that he could be developed into a starter. Seems kind of silly to waste a pick on a player you know will never be anything but, a back-up.

Teams sign QBs in FA to be back-ups but, I don't think they draft QBs hoping to one day have a good back-up.

inFINSible said:
Teams draft QBs to be back-ups??

I was under the impression that if a team used a pick on a QB that there was at least some hope or possibility that he could be developed into a starter. Seems kind of silly to waste a pick on a player you know will never be anything but, a back-up.

Teams sign QBs in FA to be back-ups but, I don't think they draft QBs hoping to one day have a good back-up.

I have to disagree. Having a good back up quarterback is essential in the NFL. I think many teams do draft in hoping that at the very least he will be a good back up.

There might be a think hope he could turn out to be more than a back up.

It is like drafting a player to be a punt returner or a special teams guy.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
I have to disagree. Having a good back up quarterback is essential in the NFL. I think many teams do draft in hoping that at the very least he will be a good back up.

There might be a think hope he could turn out to be more than a back up.

It is like drafting a player to be a punt returner or a special teams guy.

I agree that at the very least they would like to get a decent back-up out of the deal but, I don't believe that any QB is drafted thinking that they'll never be more than a back-up.

Agua said:
Someone posted a thread on this the day after he was hired. IIrc, he thought it was a good pick and said he'd considered drafting Feeley.

The keys words here are "the day AFTER he was hired". Of course he would say that then. The post was about what he really thought, before he was a part of the organization.

I don't remember him saying one way or another, but it was widely accepted that we gave too much for what we got. It doesn't mean he hates the guy, but probably see him as he is, a career backup.

TARHEEL38 said:
The keys words here are "the day AFTER he was hired". Of course he would say that then. The post was about what he really thought, before he was a part of the organization.

I don't remember him saying one way or another, but it was widely accepted that we gave too much for what we got. It doesn't mean he hates the guy, but probably see him as he is, a career backup.

Those aren't the key words. It wasn't brought up again until he was hired. Mueller said he thought about drafting AJ way before we hired him.

I don't know about the AJ trade, but I remember Mueller critisizing the dolphins on the radio after the Ogunleye/Booker trade. He felt like the Bears got the much better end of the deal.

TARHEEL38 said:

Well, the best evidence we have to go on as to what he thinks is what he said. If you have a better indicator, by all means, fill us in.

Ed (Bills) said:
I don't know about the AJ trade, but I remember Mueller critisizing the dolphins on the radio after the Ogunleye/Booker trade. He felt like the Bears got the much better end of the deal.
The last thing I want to do is contribute to the recent over zealous attacks of bills fans on this board so please take this, in the kindest most un-antogonistic way possible when I say, what does that have to do with the topic of the thread?

The reason I ask is because it seems so out of place and irrelevant to the discussion.

Again, I'm just curious, I certainly don't think that you intentionally tried to antogonize or talk smack or even hijack the thread, I'm just not exactly certain what your point is. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom