Rank Miami's Last 10 First Rd Picks... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rank Miami's Last 10 First Rd Picks...

We got a first round pick for him in return, so whatever that pick turns into

Well Tunsil is the hands down winner, considering the comp we got for him. He was actually the best pick anyway.

Tunsil was by far the best pick and best in return picks.

The rest you can put them in any order and some1 would bitch about the placements.

2 of 10 is pretty shitty though.

Well Tunsil is the hands down winner, considering the comp we got for him. He was actually the best pick anyway.
Yeah, I already ranked Tunsil number one. My comment was in response to the post regarding Fitzpatrick only playing on year for us to say that we did get a first round pick for him in return, so not a total loss, and it depends on how that pick ends up developing, was it Jackson or Noah? Not sure which one, but that’s what will determine the value of the Fitzpatrick pick at the end of the day.

God there are some inflated views of Christian Wilkins on this site

There’s some under-inflated views too.

Stop with the nonsense, the guy is a good player. And getting better.

Dion Jordan is last not Harris.

Jordan was drafted higher and costs us an additional pick.

1. Tunsil
2. Pouncey
3. Wilkins (but rising)
4. Parker
5. James
6. Odrick
7. Tannehill
8. Fitzpatrick
9. Jordan
10. Harris

In terms of their Dolphins tenure, this seems fairly reasonable. Tunsil gets top spot largely due to draft position and the value received in trade return. Plus he was a good player on the whole for MIA.

While disappointing as a Dolphin, for numerous reasons, I‘d probably have Tannehill a bit higher.

Lastly, I see lots of Dolphins fans mocking this list and crying out in shame — but there are at least 6 productive NFL players there. And I believe at least 4 that have made pro bowls?

The Jordan and Harris picks are indeed awful, but the rest weren’t terrible and many of the players have turned out to be quite good even if not in MIA anymore.

I am ranking on how well they have played regardless of their team. It's not the GMs fault if the coach cannot coach.
1. Minka F. Won some games for Pitt.
2. Ryan T. makes the playoffs every year with the Titans enough said.
3. L Tunsil great talent stays nicked up.
4. Pouncey made some pro bowls then got fragile
5. Parker great talent no pro bowls and yes injured to much.
6. Wilkens looked fairly good this year.
7. James was pretty good and then was injured.
8. Odrick was good but stayed that way.
9. Jordan had talent, then was hurt, then suspended, then played fair for the Seahawks.
10. Harris all I can say is that nice guys can finish last.

I could argue that he doesn't get near enough credit for what he brings to this team and is showing every sign of being a vital cog in a dominant defense. This was a great pick in my mind.
Disagree. He’s not a difference maker. If your picking a DT at 13 he better be. He’s a young solid player who most likely won’t justify where he was drafted. You can get his production on the cheap in FA

I'd go with

1. Mike Pouncey
  2. Ryan Tannehill
  3. Laremy Tunsil
  4. Christian Wilkins
  5. DeVante Parker
  6. Ja'Wuan James
  7. Jared Odrick
  8. Minkah Fitzpatrick
  9. Dion Jordan
  10. Charles Harris
How do you put Minkah at 8??? He’s an all pro for Christ sake.

Sorry, I can't say based solely on their careers with Miami.

We have 2 busts in Jordan and Harris, 4 solid NFL starters in Odrick, James, Parker, & Wilkins, and 3 Probowlers in Pouncey, Tunsil, & Tannehill, & 1 All Pro in Fitzpatrick.

Drafting doesn't look like the problem imo... it's been coaching and development.

Back
Top Bottom