Rank WR’s by Talent | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rank WR’s by Talent

Also if they are gonna play that far off on grant throw some of those rise and fire to him at the los and let him produce with the rac

I think we undervalue the role Grant will play in this offense. A reasonable goal is for him to finish with 50 receptions and 500yds for the year.

Prior to Wilson and Hurns opting out of the season, I thought the WR position would be one of the strengths of the Dolphins this season. Without those two WR’s and Williams probably out for the rest of the season, the WR Corp is now a definite weakness. Parker is obviously the best WR on the team but he also is the one WR opposing defenses try to take out of each game.
The Dolphins now have a number 1 WR in Parker and every other WR would be 4th or 5th WR’s on most teams. This is definitely a major area of need once the off season begins and hopefully one of their first round picks will be used on a WR. The also need to upgrade the TE position because Gesicki is weak in the running game and totally inconsistent in the passing game.

I want to see more of Perry catching passes. He looks twitchy. I’m hoping they will design more plays for him. I think he could get separation in the slot.

Fun little exercise, I’m curious to see how the site would rank our remaining active WR’s by talent level. No Preston Williams just active WR’s. I’ll try first:

Parker
Grant
Calloway
Bowden
Hollins/Perry

What do folks think!
...too many unknowns. Have to see how things lay out IMO.

Personally, I'd draft two wide receivers high or sign one in free agency and draft one.
Just interesting when you are in tank mode and rebuilding you can end up with fool's gold to some extent. Preston Williams and Jakeem Grant are steals for their draft position, Geiscki and DVP looked like bright spots but on a championship team we probably still have to invest the top resources to get the true top-tier talent that moves the needle. It's even debatable if DVP should really be our #1 going forward.

Just interesting when you are in tank mode and rebuilding you can end up with fool's gold to some extent. Preston Williams and Jakeem Grant are steals for their draft position, Geiscki and DVP looked like bright spots but on a championship team we probably still have to invest the top resources to get the true top-tier talent that moves the needle. It's even debatable if DVP should really be our #1 going forward.
Hate to say this, but Parker and Geisicki have kind of stalled a bit with Tua. I know there's an adjustment period with a new quarterback, but both players have had trouble separating and haven't been productive recently.

I think adding a wide receiver with speed that the defense has to account for, would greatly help Parker and Geisicki. Get someone like that, and most likely the opponents best corner has to cover that player.

I wonder if Allen Hurns and Albert Wilson have any regrets about sitting out as they see the success. Wilson would have been a great fit with Tua, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom