1. Mental game/football IQ
2. Accuracy
3. Arm strength
4. Intangibles
5. Mobility
6. Awareness
7. Physical build
8. Footwork/mechanics

i figure if youre accurate, who cares what your mechanics are (presuming its not injurious)

also if you’re high iq about football, that probably covers you for awareness and makes up some forany lack
of mobility.
If his feet hips and shoulders are not in the right place he won’t be accurate

football IQ and Accuracy are the two most important in my mind, Awareness and footwork are second tier, Arm strength and mobility are 3rd tier to me.

1. Processing speed - QB needs the ability to process the information as it is happening and go to the riht place with the ball. You can make any throw, but if those throws are late, it means little.
2. Mental Game/Football IQ - A great understanding of the game, pre and post snap
3. Accuracy - most passes in the NFL are completed under 20 yards
4. Intangibles (Leadership, Clutchness etc) - I want guys who respond in the biggest games.
5. Awareness - I refer to this as a feel for the position...almost a natural ability to know what to do.
6. Footwork/Mechanics
7. Arm Strength
8. Mobility/Elusiveness
9. Physical Build

1. Mental game/football IQ
2. Accuracy
3. Intangibles (Leadership, ice in veins)
4. Footwork/mechanics
5. Arm strength
6. Mobility
7. Awareness
8. Physical build

I think Mahommes defies that
Just because his playmakers can contort to his wild athleticism does not diminish the point I am making -

A completion does not mean it was easy Or pretty

A Rodgers has defied this simple principle for years but watch the mechanics in the pocket not when he is scrambling

If his feet hips and shoulders are not in the right place he won’t be accurate

The question was which was more important, so as I stated, if he was ACCURATE (a given in the question since we order our priority and I put it 2nd) this took care of mechanics. It looks to me like you have the dog wagging the tail. Respectfully! But I admit I struggled with the question for the reason you stated.

Last edited:
The question was which was more important, so as I stated, if he was ACCURATE (a given in the question since we order our priority and I put it 2nd) this took care of mechanics. It looks to me like you have the dog wagging the tail. Respectfully! But I admit I struggled with the question for the reason you stated.
For my list I just listed a group of important things not a list of most important at the top

Anyways Spitting hairs - I don’t think it matters as much how accurate you are if you have no football IQ

So for me IQ and accuracy are both at the top so we agree

your list is awesome but I would put footwork and mechanics in there somewheres

If processing speed/game IQ isn't #1 on your list then....

Back
Top Bottom