Ranking All 40 Trades, From Cardinals' Poor Return For Josh Rosen To The First-round Deal At No. 1 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ranking All 40 Trades, From Cardinals' Poor Return For Josh Rosen To The First-round Deal At No. 1

What has been driving me nuts(and I know I shouldn't let my responses be dictated by my emotions) is the repeated assumption in so many threads that the 2020 QBs we assume are going to be available are actually going to be available. What if Tua doesn't declare? What if Fromm tears his achilles in his bowl game? And what if we win 8 games and can't get to #1 to get Herbert?
Then all those QBs we were assuming we could have we can't have, and we didn't even get Rosen. Finding a QB can be like fishing: You drop in a ton of lines hoping to snag one. You don't throw out one line hoping to get the best fish.
People saying we should draft a QB every year are right- and essentially that's what we did: We drafted a top10 graded talent at 62.
I didn't like this trade on draft night, but the more I have read and the more I have thought about it, it is a no brainer.
Drafting a franchise QB trumps drafting an o-lineman(I was butt-hurt because we passed on McCoy, and while McCoy might be great, he is not a QB)
We did the right thing. AND if those QB's are there for us in 2020, and Rosen lays a turd, we can still draft one. There is no one saying we can't or won't. Now if Rosen is a big ??? and we pass on those QB's next year, a new debate begins. But for now, the Rosen trade was, I believe, an adept and necessary move.
We had a rare opportunity staring us in the face and we took it, smart on their part.

Yeah, I don't understand any hate for this trade, or anything this new crew has done so far. Would I have liked to get him for a 3rd, sure....but when we traded down, and got the 2, not that much difference for a guy that can be the franchise.

It seems the 'hate' is generally from those who were locked in to 'tank' and 'Tua.' Anything that jeopardizes that must be attacked.

the parlay "move" from 48 to 60 could become legendary!

It seems that most do not seem to understand that. The trade back 48-62 netted 2ndround pick in 2020,we then traded the 62nd 2019 pick for Rosen. Do people really think that the front didn't know what they were doing in the trade back? Thus ROSEN did NOT cost a 2nd round pick, he cost the interest on a 2nd round pick from 2019-2020 and a 5th round round pick.

I suspect the math is a little too difficult for the likes of beat reporters of the dolphins. A damn nice move.....

No kidding. I've been startled at the posters here who thought we should have held out for a 3rd or 4th round pick. Sheesh. Especially the identify of them...posters who are normally sharp regarding market value.

I thought 48 was fine but once we dropped to 62 I got a little grin because you could see what would happen. Best move the Dolphins have made in so many years I can't think of a comparison. Maybe when we traded Gary Davis and Norm Thomas to Tampa Bay for a second round pick. That was nearly 40 years ago.

If you hold out to 3rd round then you taking an incredible risk that is simply not worth it. Our additional gain would have been minimal, as judged by the criteria applied. The author of that article correctly focuses on Rosen's status as 10th pick last year. That is exactly the perfect reference point. You isolate that as the spotlight and not your subjective view of Rosen. The posters who have condemned the decisions are ones who rely too much on subjectivity all year and therefore don't always know when to set it aside.
This move is the good version of the opposite version vis a vis the Dion Jordan move.

Grier is putting in some major work. People throwing rocks at some late round RBs or not getting their own "guy" at a certain pick are not appreciative of Grier's savvy moves.

Trading back and netting a 2nd next year with NO BEFORE trading with AZ was sheer evil shrewdness. He knew he had AZ by the balls and made them wait while he used their pick to get him another pick then give them the left overs.

That gentlemen was a professional schooling another GM.

His ability to get additional picks for 2020, getting value for RT and others we didn't want, plus his UDFA moves... Like him or not Grier is probably the savviest GM we've had in a long, long time.

He worked the draft, got his coaches a bite at a legit Franchise prospect THIS year and got more capital for next year's draft. All while gutting, purging and cleaning up the salary cap.

If you have to nit pick, then the man has already done something so impressive your pride won't let you give him respect he's already earned

Anybody doubting our GM and FO after this offseason doesnt appreciate the professionals we have running this team now.

We have a legit FO now. Bout damn time.

Grier is putting in some major work. People throwing rocks at some late round RBs or not getting their own "guy" at a certain pick are not appreciative of Grier's savvy moves.

Trading back and netting a 2nd next year with NO BEFORE trading with AZ was sheer evil shrewdness. He knew he had AZ by the balls and made them wait while he used their pick to get him another pick then give them the left overs.

His ability to get additional picks for 2020, getting value for RT and others we didn't want, plus his UDFA moves... Like him or not Grier is probably the savviest GM we've had in a long, long time.

He worked the draft, got his coaches a bite at a legit Franchise prospect THIS year and got more capital for next year's draft. All while gutting, purging and cleaning up the salary cap.

If you have to nit pick, then the man has already done something so impressive your pride won't let you give him respect he's already earned

Anybody doubting our GM and FO after this offseason doesnt appreciate the professionals we have running this team now.

Not one person is happy with all picks. That's fans and that's OK. I was impressed with the strategy.

Crazy, peeps are already calling for his head here! Boy, the season can't get here fast enough!

Good post. I didn’t want to tank. Now we don’t have to.

Back
Top Bottom