Ranking the AFC East secondaries | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ranking the AFC East secondaries

Our run defense was terrible. But you can't skew passer rating, completion %, and INTs. Attempts doesn't affect these stats at all. 12 teams had less pass attmepts against them the Bills (the Jets only had 18 more) http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...true&Submit=Go&tabSeq=2&role=OPP&d-447263-p=1 so it wasn't as if team were running on every down on the Bills.

A lot of our team sucked this year. Our secondary, however, is top 3 in the NFL. It's really good and that was without a 1st round corner in McKelvin for most of the year.

It's hard to pass when you don't pass much. I agree you had a really good pass D but you did get run on alot which was why you your D wasn't that good.

We saw similar attempts in the passing game but you saw 115 more rush attempts. It just makes it harder to figure out how good your secondary was.

It's hard to pass when you don't pass much. I agree you had a really good pass D but you did get run on alot which was why you your D wasn't that good.

We saw similar attempts in the passing game but you saw 115 more rush attempts. It just makes it harder to figure out how good your secondary was.
Either way I think it's fairly safe to say the Bills secondary was at the least better than the Patriots. In fact, I'd put them above the Jets as well. You can talk about a bad run defense skewing their pass defense stats, but then you have to consider that a great blitz scheme/pass rush made the Jets secondary look a lot better than they were as well.

Back
Top Bottom