Ranking the Dolphins' options at quarterback for 2020 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ranking the Dolphins' options at quarterback for 2020

1. Tua
2. Joe Burrow
3. Herbert
4. Rosen
5. Fromm = ****ing garbage
6. Love = garbage
7. Hurts = Garbage

In a way I hope Miami drafts either Fromm, Love or Hurts with their first pick so that I can finally quit this team. Those 3 QBs are horrible and and will never be at an NFL level. Also, this talk of trading up is idiotic. Way too many needs.
I like Washington’s quarterback Eason more than 4-7. But not for a high first. Love showed a lot of promise last season, he fell off this year.

I like Washington’s quarterback Eason more than 4-7. But not for a high first. Love showed a lot of promise last season, he fell off this year.

I haven’t seen Eason play. I don’t like commenting on players that I haven’t seen.

The more QBs go in the first round the better talent will be available with our other 2 first round picks

I don't care about the other picks. I really don't. They seem more friendly than they are. Every time I see somebody want to start with Chase Young I'm wondering if this is the same sport we're following. Plug Chase Young into the Dolphins and I'd like to know exactly what changes. We'd have a bunch of lugs and Chase Young. Yesterday Reshad Jones looked like he was stealing money. On that swing pass to Peterson down to the 3 yard line Jones went out of his way to avoid contact and do nothing.

The Saints quietly emphasized physical and have completely transformed their identity over a few seasons. It was necessary because they realize Brees not only doesn't have many years left but also he can't be expected to put up prime numbers during all of those seasons. The 49ers have tons of tough guys and are the most entertaining team in the league right now, as far as I am concerned. That's what contrast used to be in the NFL when I was growing up. You'd have lots of offensive minded teams and also lots of teams constructed like the current 49ers. Now that contrast is sadly gone so I'm thrilled when a sample shows up, even if I acknowledge it will be brief and won't result in a championship or anything like that. Same with college Wisconsin.

The Dolphins have to get the quarterback decision correct. I've already stated I have no idea other than Tua so I'd like high pick quarterbacks plural, and then see how they shake out. If that strategy was good enough for guys like Weeb Ewbanks, Joe Thomas and Jimmy Johnson I'm going to laugh if current conventional wisdom is scared of it in favor of the always-clever patch here and patch there mentality.

I don't care about the other picks. I really don't. They seem more friendly than they are. Every time I see somebody want to start with Chase Young I'm wondering if this is the same sport we're following. Plug Chase Young into the Dolphins and I'd like to know exactly what changes. We'd have a bunch of lugs and Chase Young. Yesterday Reshad Jones looked like he was stealing money. On that swing pass to Peterson down to the 3 yard line Jones went out of his way to avoid contact and do nothing.

The Saints quietly emphasized physical and have completely transformed their identity over a few seasons. It was necessary because they realize Brees not only doesn't have many years left but also he can't be expected to put up prime numbers during all of those seasons. The 49ers have tons of tough guys and are the most entertaining team in the league right now, as far as I am concerned. That's what contrast used to be in the NFL when I was growing up. You'd have lots of offensive minded teams and also lots of teams constructed like the current 49ers. Now that contrast is sadly gone so I'm thrilled when a sample shows up, even if I acknowledge it will be brief and won't result in a championship or anything like that. Same with college Wisconsin.

The Dolphins have to get the quarterback decision correct. I've already stated I have no idea other than Tua so I'd like high pick quarterbacks plural, and then see how they shake out. If that strategy was good enough for guys like Weeb Ewbanks, Joe Thomas and Jimmy Johnson I'm going to laugh if current conventional wisdom is scared of it in favor of the always-clever patch here and patch there mentality.

I think we conducted a super aggressive roster purge and accumulated a plethora of picks for a reason.
Flores and Grier are 100% on the same page -- burn the house down and build something entirely new!

Job #1 -- solve the QB riddle.
Job #2 -- solve the OL riddle.
Job #3 -- win with smarts + diversity.

The roster purge part II won't pale in comparison to part I.

There's a long way to go and the org is going to be methodical and not get all stupid trying to
duct tape every problem. We'll certainly be in a more competitive position next year but
the product won't be nearly finished...

If we sail into '20 with Tua and Rosen and lots of new BIGS on the OL and...

No need to be drafting multiple QBs in 19.

I haven’t seen Eason play. I don’t like commenting on players that I haven’t seen.

Eason has some pocket presence issues. Every week I see him running around in circles back there in the pocket. It’s why Washington has struggled to put points up with the passing game this season.

Really good arm ability though. Right now I’d say he needs to come back for his Senior season.

I'm probably in the minority here, but... I would rather draft Chase Young and Joe Burrow over Tua & anyone else. Assuming we use the 3rd of our 1st round picks on an O-Lineman.

Would like to hear what our draft gurus here thought about Fromm on Saturday, I was really looking forward to seeing him prove my moving into his camp was right, then he craps the bed. I don't the skill set there, you have to have talent to back up your no measurables skill set, time and again when I've watched him he's failed to impress me, there's the odd highlight reel play one you can put up as an argument for him but it's not consistent and I doubt his winning capacity, he can't put a team on his back and take them to the finish line. For me my back and forth is over and I'm not sure he's first round talent at all.

In terms of this board inparticular, Fromm has gone from overrated to underrated. The offense does him no favors as I’ve talked about over and over again.

Now even the RB Swift is speaking his mind and criticizing the offense.

I'm probably in the minority here, but... I would rather draft Chase Young and Joe Burrow over Tua & anyone else. Assuming we use the 3rd of our 1st round picks on an O-Lineman.

That’s my plan B but I don’t think Pittsburgh’s pick will be high enough to pull it off.

You are,..and there's a reason for it...

I would ask you to go back and watch both of these QB's versus top 25 competition in college. The talent around Tua truly helps him. His first two TD's against A&M this past weekend were for a combined 78 yards. Sounds great, but his first pass was in the flat for a total of 1 yard. Second was a slant for a pass that traveled 5 yards. Watch Burrow against #7 Florida. Great pocket presence, poise, accuracy. He only had 3 incomplete passes to match his 3 TD's. This team would be better off with Young and Burrow. Burrow also fits our offensive scheme better.

I'm a Bama grad..I've watched every pass Tua has thrown...three different OC's in three years...not a drop off....
Explain bug-eyed boys season last year...or is drafting a possible one year wonder the way to go..

I'm a Bama grad..I've watched every pass Tua has thrown...three different OC's in three years...not a drop off....
Explain bug-eyed boys season last year...or is drafting a possible one year wonder the way to go..

oh maybe learning a new system while recovering from a broken bone in his hand?

Tua learned a new system last year,should have won the Heisman,was playing on basically no legs at the end of the season (he catches a lot of grief around here for that)
but the Ohio State failure...gets a pass last year for a injury and new system?...ok got it!!!

That makes sense. A Bama fan would feel the way you do. Not a drop off until he plays against actual competition when the talent around him doesn't win the game for him. First year starter last year with a terrible offense at LSU and less talent around him. I'm not opposed to Tua, but I think we'd be better off with Young and Burrow. Why is it that Burrow is better than Tua against top competition with less talent around him?

Back
Top Bottom