Rantings and Apologies from a long time fan | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rantings and Apologies from a long time fan

NYPhinFan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I have had time to think about this season and the past few games(had more time than normal yest because the game was over in the 2nd qrt) and I will just let my thoughts out,not in any particular order...and please excuse if it may ramble...
1.This is not a rip on Brian Griese but I feel I owe somewwhat of an apology to Jay Fiedler. I yelled and criticized him for his play this year(which for the most part was warranted),but I have a much better appreciation for what he has gone through playing behind this o-line. I wondered why he had so many problems...think it is obvious now. This o-line is terrible...Jamie(I am playing great)Nails...I have seen him whiff on more blocks and standing around the pile more times than I can count. It is funny and sad that the best lineman we have is Wade Smith...he is going to be good...yet is is a rookie..and he will be made to look foolish..which has exactly happened the past 2 games. Tim Ruddy looks old and immobile...and Perry looks like his brother. Then you have Todd(sign me to my huge extension)Wade. For a man his size...don't understand why he does not play better.
2.I still believe that Brian griese is the better QB of the two...but that is my opinion...Jay even with a good line CANNOT throw downfield...we have seen enough the past few years that the facts bear this out.Is Griese the answer...I don't know....I love Jay and his toughness...but the dink and 5 yard outs don't cut it...I don't have the answers
3.I have always respected and liked Coach Wanstadt...he is a good man...but for the first time I have started to question him and his coaches...about gameplans...and especially about their adjustments..or lack of. I wish once he would just light into this team...wake them up...but that is not his style...and his conservative approach has been on this team from day 1
4.That being said about the coaches...coaches coach...and players play...so what about some of these guys making HUGE paychecks stepping up. Beat the man in front of you,catch the ball thrown to you,tackle the guy coming at you, take RESPONSIBILTY for your play!. Keep your mouths shut and stop pointing fingers...To me ...I lay alot on the players...because they are paid to perform...and if enough people stepped up...we would be in better shape.
5.I know this will sound crazy...and people will think I am wrong(Won't be the first time I am or the last)but this season is not over...we have 7 games to go...and God forgive me for saying this...I predict this team will be 7-4 going into Thanksgiving...then we will see what happens there...7-4 with 5 to go...how will the o-line be better...I don't know...who will be the QB....I don't know...I just think that at 7-4...we have a chance...slim I know...to do something...
6. I like alot on here have been turned bitter by the years of underachieving play and collapses...I try to remember why I love the Phins and football...and it kind of makes me stop all this negativity..I waited all off-season with that NE game in my craw...couldn't wait till football got back...I am not going to waste the last 7 weeks complaining. I will be there rooting and ranting and raving becuase it is what I love...since I was a child...and I will always love.
Man I apologize for this being so long...but like the most of you...I sit there stewing with all these thoughts in my head and it just eats at me...sitting here now i can't wait till next Sunday...all I am saying is...we have been hurt and disappointed too many times for us to give up so early...I am not expecting miracles...I just want to enjoy these games

Great post

objective and helpful. I agree with your thoughts esp regarding the QB. Either way only loosers quit and we have games left to play. They will play (hard i hope) and I will root as hard as I expect them to play.

Originally posted by NYPhinFan
I
5.I know this will sound crazy...and people will think I am wrong(Won't be the first time I am or the last)but this season is not over...we have 7 games to go...and God forgive me for saying this...I predict this team will be 7-4 going into Thanksgiving...then we will see what happens there...7-4 with 5 to go...how will the o-line be better...I don't know...who will be the QB....I don't know...I just think that at 7-4...we have a chance...slim I know...to do something...

Not crazy at all. With the exception of the Houston game, this team has beaten the lesser teams and lost to the better teams. These next two games are against lesser teams, and even in the state of dissarray the team is in right now, I see them winning the next two and getting to 7-4. After that, though, who knows.

I agree for the most part, but I don't blame the players for the losses these past two weeks. We have all the talent to win the games we don't have the coaching staff to lead us through the tough games.
I never wanted Dave to be the head coach he did nothing with the Bears I felt he would do the same for us but I gave him the benefit of the doubt ( because I had to) none the less, I thought the players we picked up this season would be enough to put us over the top.

Well..., we all know last year we had a good enough team to win it all, but once again poor coaching let us down and out of the playoffs. We brought in better then avg D plyers and did little to improve the O.
Every time we get a superstar player we do little to surround him with
players to help them. Face it Dave has givin another season of hope away, I do blame Dave he is the guy making all the calls on who stays and who doesn't. Does anyone think KC would be as good as they are without Vermeil or others like Fisher Tenn.,Bellicheck NE., here's a big one Parcells Dallas. I don't think any one of those teams are a touchdown better then us but you wouldn't know it by our play. We have no heart , no passion, no urgencey, NO ATTITUDE!!! Why....?
coaching.

I am certainly not giving up on this season. All it takes is to look back on past seasons and see 5-4or 6-4 teams put together a stretch of wins and get hot and win a few playoff games.......That being said, How do we find a way to beat Balt.? Looking at their def. last night, I find it very hard to believe that we can run block or pass protect vs. this def. Sure I think we can stop their running game and their passing attack scares nobody. What will be the difference come Sunday? Special teams.....Home field....... intensity .... We have to hope one of these areas steps up to get us on a positive roll where we can take a step to become one of the better teams in this league............NOT A TIME TO PANIC WITH SEVEN GAMES WHERE ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!!!............one last note off the subject....With the game almost out of reach by the first qtr, I found myself sreaming at the t.v only once yesterday(which is a miracle)... Did anyone notice Sam Madison with a HUGE SMILE ON HIS FACE in the third qtr.......sure he laid a hellacious hit on someone but they were getting their collective asses handed to them .........this is not the first time in the last few seasons that I have seen this from #29...and I do not want to hear about how he is having fun and how it is still a game B.S... Would he be smiling if Parcells is on the sideline........DOUBT IT !!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom