Rapid Fire: Rate the Miami Dolphins draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rapid Fire: Rate the Miami Dolphins draft

Your draft grade for Miami's 2012 draft

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ciscoholgate

Winning is a Habit
Reaction score
Rate the 2012 NFL draft class for your Miami Dolphins!

Round 1, Pick 8 (8) -
Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M, 6'4", 221

Round 2, Pick 10 (42) -
Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford, 6'5", 312

Round 3, Pick 9 (72) - Olivier Vernon, DE, Miami, 6'2", 261

Round 3, Pick 15 (78) -
Michael Egnew, TE, Missouri, 6'5", 252

Round 4, Pick 2 (97) -
Lamar Miller, RB, Miami, 5'11", 212

Round 5, Pick 20 (155) -
Josh Kaddu, LB, Oregon, 6'3", 239

Round 6, Pick 13 (183) -
B.J. Cunningham, WR, Michigan State, 6'1", 211

Round 7, Pick 8 (215) -
Kheeston Randall, DT, Texas, 6'4", 293

Round 7, Pick 20 (227) -
Rishard Matthews, WR, Nevada, 6'0", 212

Comment on your grade.

B.... I like it no stupid picks took a risk or two

B
We draft for need this year. Time will tell.

Solid B.

Its deceptive though. If Tannehill becomes a franchise quarterback, this draft could be a complete bust and still worth a A+.

Other than that, we got some good talent for good value. Probably wont have alot of starters immediately, but next season a few of these guys could be stepping up in a big way.

A.... We finally took our first round QB, got TWO WRs in the late rounds with very good production, shored up the Oline, picked up a solid pass rusher.

Very good value with most of our day 2 and 3 picks.

C.

Don't like Tannehill, but don't hate the pick, if that makes sense. Basically, I understand them taking a QB, but Tannehill just isn't that great of a prospect. Jonathan Martin, a good value pick. Olivier Vernon, meh. Michael Egnew and Lamar Miller. Decent picks. Both are one trick ponies. Though Miller does offer some Kick Return ability. Everything else, meh. The best pick looks to be a lineman, yet again. Which does very little for me when we have the worst WR's in the league and did little to fix it in the draft.

B. I think a good number of high risk-high reward guys like Lamar Miller, Olivier Vernon, and Tannehill. In two years we could look back at this draft and say it's the one that turned our offense around. We also could have only 2-3 guys on the team 4 years from now. I think they've hit on some weapons personally. Miller will help right away as a kick returner, and if he's healthy (the ? is his shoulders and he runs the football...) he's the best offensive player UM has had since Frank Gore.

B. Solid Draft, other than tannehill martin and miller no one that really pops out at you, however we did not take anyone graded lower than a 64.5 by NFL.com meaning we did not draft anybody that we was a terrible reach. All of our players had good value as well. Will regrade in 2 or 3 years

Tannehill B+: pick had to be made we needed a QB of the future, if we had traded down either Kansas City, Seattle, Philly, or some other team would have traded up and drafted him.

Martin A+: Steal, was widely considered a 1st round talent protecting Lucks blindside. They say he doesn't have enough punch but I'm sure Jake Long will help him with that.

Vernon B: Don't know enough about him, but what I've heard he is a good pass rusher would should be able to contribute on 3rd down.

Egnew B+: Who cares if he can't block, thats Fasano's job. Will be a match up nightmare with his size and speed in the WCO

Miller A+: Steal of the draft for us. Late first early second round talent. Is big and fast, running back was a need with Reggie's injury history and the lack of production as a rookie from DT.

Rounds 5-7 B+: Would have preferred Josh Brown with one of these picks but everyone seems to be a decent player with potential. All should be able to contribute in some way as rookies.

Overall B+. This draft simply comes down to Tannehill, if hes great everyone will be better.

A
we draft for need and we still have the 2nd have of FA coming up very soon!

C.

Don't like Tannehill, but don't hate the pick, if that makes sense. Basically, I understand them taking a QB, but Tannehill just isn't that great of a prospect. Jonathan Martin, a good value pick. Olivier Vernon, meh. Michael Egnew and Lamar Miller. Decent picks. Both are one trick ponies. Though Miller does offer some Kick Return ability. Everything else, meh. The best pick looks to be a lineman, yet again. Which does very little for me when we have the worst WR's in the league and did little to fix it in the draft.

They aren't the sexy, big name receivers we wanted, but both had very good production in their last years of college...2600+ yards and 20 TDs between the 2 of them.

Since there was no B+ i will go with A. Way to good of a draft to label it a lowly B. Ireland gets props for this draft.

A solid B but could move to an A with Tannehill developing as I was all in for that pick. Ireland has shown he can get the players needed for his coaches.

Back
Top Bottom