Rapoport: Jets expected to Hire Mike Maccagnan as GM | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rapoport: Jets expected to Hire Mike Maccagnan as GM

Daytona Fin

Queeks Draw
Club Member
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport reports that the Jets are expected to hire Texans college scouting director Mike Maccagnan as their next general manager.
Rapoport adds that Maccagnan has been in town meeting with the Jets for the past three days.
This fits with recent reports that have said Maccagnan is considered the favorite to get the job after he impressed consultants Ron Wolf and Charlie Casserly during his interviews.
Brian Costello spoke to a league source who mentioned that Maccagnan is a “very thorough, competent person who will be able to work well with a head coach and others in the organization.”
Maccagnan is the only candidate who has scheduled a second interview with the team,
It’s worth mentioning that Maccagnan has ties to a few of the team’s head-coaching candidates such as Doug Marrone and Gary Kubiak.
http://nfltraderumors.co/report-jets-expected-to-hire-mike-maccagnan-as-gm/

I know little about the guy but I do like how the Jets brought in Casserly and Wolf as consultants. Two all time bests at their job.
I hope we take this type of approach when we hire a new coach next year

Definitely wise to take a talent evaluator over a numbers guy this time. Hard to predict what will be the outcome but in his time in Houston the Texans drafted one All Pro.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
If Seahawks lost to Panthers, Jets were prepared to fly to Seattle last night to try to hire Dan Quinn as their head coach, per sources.

Bob Glauber ‏@BobGlauber
Source familiar with Jets' situation says Mike Maccagnan deal as new GM should be finalized by tomorrow.

Casserly was a lousy GM. Anyone who calls him an 'all time great', lol

It's always hard to evaluate a potential GM that hasn't had the job before so I will reserve judgment. I am glad 2 respected football men have run the search though.

Back
Top Bottom