Rash of Bateman | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rash of Bateman

I know... I know... bad man.

I love wrong word errors... sometimes the new sentence is better than the intended one.
We got a job application one time... it was in the early days of spell checking software, and it was from an individual who clearly was largely uneducated... I forget what they'd meant to say, but the word 'prostitute' was in their application two or three times.

No... we didn't hire them; we were scared that the word might have been on purpose.

Was really high on Bateman heading into the year, then cooled on him, but I think my initial take is probably right. Will probably have him grouped with Marshall and E. Moore as Top 20 players. Notable drop after those guys imo.
What’s your feeling on Rondale Moore? I think he fits my principle of a guy who had alot of hype and prospect fatigue causes an overreaction to the point that he’s now underrated. It’s like a stock that’s really high and then the pendulum over corrects so it gets too low. He’s terrific with the ball.

Speaking of Purdue, the guy to really watch is David Bell next year. I saw this kid play basketball in high school and he is a tremendous athlete and very competitive. He’s obviously been outstanding at Purdue. I don’t know where to rank him but if he’s a top ten pick next year, it won’t shock me.

I am not a Purdue fan so none of this is a biased opinion.

What’s your feeling on Rondale Moore? I think he fits my principle of a guy who had alot of hype and prospect fatigue causes an overreaction to the point that he’s now underrated. It’s like a stock that’s really high and then the pendulum over corrects so it gets too low. He’s terrific with the ball.

Speaking of Purdue, the guy to really watch is David Bell next year. I saw this kid play basketball in high school and he is a tremendous athlete and very competitive. He’s obviously been outstanding at Purdue. I don’t know where to rank him but if he’s a top ten pick next year, it won’t shock me.

He's pretty small... and he's been injured more than once. Hamstring in 2019... more leg problems this year.

With Moore, I don't think it is prospect fatigue so much as it is... can he stay out of the trainer's room at his size/weight.

As exciting as he is, I'd be afraid to touch him before late on the third day.

I haven't looked closely at Bell, but I think Moore would be great for a team like the Jets - filling that Deebo Samuel role. I just don't know how much of a WR he is, because he didn't do much WRing at Purdue. Freak athlete, strong af. Two major hamstring injuries make me worry about his composition/training style. Is he just wound too tight? Could be nothing, but it's another concern.

Right now, I have him in the 41-75 group with guys like Tylan Wallace. I might bump him into the Top 40. He's clearly special in some areas, and the on-field areas of concern come with some reasonable explanations at least.
Have to say I really like Toney a lot for Miami. I know he had some drops at the Senior Bowl, and is still a little bit of a work in progress, but that separation is elite.

Here is his career vs ranked opponents

11-30-19 vs #12 Wisconsin 6 rec. 147 yards 1 touchdown
11-16-19 vs #20 Iowa 6 rec. 98 yards 0 touchdown
11-9-19 vs #4 Penn State 7 rec. 203 yards 1 touchdown

10-24-19 vs #18 Michigan 9 rec. 101 yards 0 touchdowns
I'll gladly take those numbers against our division rivals every year. :UP:

Here is his career vs ranked opponents

11-30-19 vs #12 Wisconsin 6 rec. 147 yards 1 touchdown
11-16-19 vs #20 Iowa 6 rec. 98 yards 0 touchdown
11-9-19 vs #4 Penn State 7 rec. 203 yards 1 touchdown

10-24-19 vs #18 Michigan 9 rec. 101 yards 0 touchdowns
You left out the Auburn game. They won the bowl game, but our very own Iggy was on his a** like a cheap suit...and it was a lot of 1v1 because Tyler Johnson destroyed Auburn that game.

That doesn't discount his talent or where he should be drafted. Just how he looked when matched up against a superior athlete.

You left out the Auburn game. They won the bowl game, but our very own Iggy was on his a** like a cheap suit...and it was a lot of 1v1 because Tyler Johnson destroyed Auburn that game.

That doesn't discount his talent or where he should be drafted. Just how he looked when matched up against a superior athlete.
That's my bad, I just went to ESPN and pulled up his game history and for whatever reason I missed it.

My dream draft would be to trade down. Then take smithwith our 1st and Bateman at 18. Then which ever rb is available at 3 in the second.

Back
Top Bottom