Rash of Bateman | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rash of Bateman

Finsfan1984

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
The more I watch of this guy, the more I really like him. I would be very happy to get him @ the 1b spot if we don’t go WR with 1a, of which I’m not a fan of. If we trade out of #3 and take a WR later with the 1a pick, I’m fine with that tho.

As for Bateman...He has a good combo of size, speed, strength. He runs very crisp routes, gets separation, had great hands, high points the ball well, is a natural hands catcher and can ACCELERATE quickly!

I think Bateman will be very good... while he didn't have the numbers of the big three, that is an indication not of his skills, but of his team. Minnesota has never been very good and he certainly didn't get a lot of help.

In my way of thinking, this actually prepares him for life in the NFL much better than if he'd played at a factory.

It actually looks like his stock is falling and he might be had at 2A maybe even 2B. I have been so fixated on the top 3 and Pitts I have not seen tape on him. I am hoping we have a WR in tow by R2 however.

I don't know that his stock ever should've been where the media had him to begin with but he's a good player that you'd be happy to take as a Day 2 contributor.

To my mind he's a bigger slot in the mold of JuJu Smith-Schuster, but perhaps with a little less physicality and meanness.

On the other hand there are some folks that will see DeAndre Hopkins.

I love this kid as a prospect, he is very similar to Justin Jefferson. He can seperate at the line, is the 2nd best route runner in the draft behind Smith and has the size and enough speed to seperate as well. He should be a top 20 pick in this draft for me,just didn't have the numbers this year due to minnesota being poor with awful qb play. I'd take him at 18 and not even give it a second thought.

I think he is WR #4 in this Draft and expect him to be a very good Pro.

Not sure he suits Miami's needs as they need more sudden, quick types to go with Parker and Williams but I would not be unhappy to have him.

Marshall may have more big play upside but Bateman is more polished and more likely to pan out I think. You know what you wil be getting with him.

I think I’ve been missing out on rashod Bateman. Holy smokes. Today was the first day I sat down and watched the kid.

I think the #1 thing I’ve noticed about Bateman is how well he attacks the blind spot of a DB. He gets incredible separation out of his cuts. Always using the DBs blind spot to his advantage.

I see deandre Hopkins body control. I see footwork that reminds me of davante Adams.

what am I missing on this kid? What is every body missing on this kid?

I gotta re think my WR rankings.

I’ll have to do a deeper dive here. I’d love to hear more opinions on him.

I’m not sure how he doesn’t belong in the same tier as Jamarr chase and Devonta Smith

I’ll have to do a deeper dive here. I’d love to hear more opinions on him.

I’m not sure how he doesn’t belong in the same tier as Jamarr chase and Devonta Smith
Tanner Morgan was terrible this year. This imguyvis a top 20 pick in the draft. His biggest flaw is where he played.

Reactions: A1.
He had a great year a seasons ago and last year was not so good, Inconsistent, 3rd round for me.
For example, Marshall had two good seasons in a row. 1st round for me.
You know you are getting a talented receiver either way, but one is more of a risk.

Reactions: A1.
The difference between Bateman and the top two... He played in 'sota. Not on television... and not with the touts watching or caring...

...and he's a little bigger, not huge, but has more a protypical flanker frame. His upside is enormous.

Back
Top Bottom