Rash of Bateman | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rash of Bateman

Folks, I'd be concerned with that drop rate.

How has his game been against the top DBs he faced?
That's a great question. What is the level of competition at Minnesota?

It's different from what Smith, Chase and Waddle faced.

I do like Bateman, though. Have no problem with him at #18.

Other than Smith, Bateman is as good a technician as there is. He runs great routes. He high points it and snatches it with his hands. He is going to have a good NFL career.

Was really high on Bateman heading into the year, then cooled on him, but I think my initial take is probably right. Will probably have him grouped with Marshall and E. Moore as Top 20 players. Notable drop after those guys imo.

He had a great year a seasons ago and last year was not so good, Inconsistent, 3rd round for me.
For example, Marshall had two good seasons in a row. 1st round for me.
You know you are getting a talented receiver either way, but one is more of a risk.
This is why I have no problem with guys sitting out this past year.

Bateman is not a 3rd round talent.

Folks, I'd be concerned with that drop rate.

How has his game been against the top DBs he faced?
Here is his career vs ranked opponents

11-30-19 vs #12 Wisconsin 6 rec. 147 yards 1 touchdown
11-16-19 vs #20 Iowa 6 rec. 98 yards 0 touchdown
11-9-19 vs #4 Penn State 7 rec. 203 yards 1 touchdown

10-24-19 vs #18 Michigan 9 rec. 101 yards 0 touchdowns

Bateman, at a football school with real weapons might have been amazing. He seems to have the tools and the drive...
He, and players like him, are why I'm never as sold on the players from top 10 schools as much as most folks here. There is just so much hype involved with these players, and they've had it so easy... week after week of being 20 point favourites.

He was widely touted early in the process, when most of the ratings were coming from the guys who do this 365 days a year (and for a living), but as the process has continued, there has been a blur of coverage from the most casual observer... guys who've never even seen a Minnesota game... and these guys only tout what they've seen on network teevee...

I won't go so far as to predict it, but I will allow that he might end up being the best WR in this class.
I have been saying this for months now that he could be the best of the group. Everything you said is spot on. Nice post

I'll raise you a Rashod and see you a Bateman. Bateman @18 it is!!!
Tv Series GIF by NETFLIX

I would not draft anyone who sat out the last season.
I get that sediment, but then you are passing on players like Chase, Sewell, Parsons etc.

If I had two players ranked similarly and one played this year while the other opted out, I might move the one who played above the other. But I'm sure there were valid reasons for opting out.

Was really high on Bateman heading into the year, then cooled on him, but I think my initial take is probably right. Will probably have him grouped with Marshall and E. Moore as Top 20 players. Notable drop after those guys imo.
Where do you have Toney?

I get that sediment, but then you are passing on players like Chase, Sewell, Parsons etc.

If I had two players ranked similarly and one played this year while the other opted out, I might move the one who played above the other. But I'm sure there were valid reasons for opting out.
Are you a geologist?

I know... I know... bad man.

I love wrong word errors... sometimes the new sentence is better than the intended one.

I know... I know... bad man.

I love wrong word errors... sometimes the new sentence is better than the intended one.
Hard to believe I won a spelling bee in the fourth grade. Before you get overly impressed, it was a small class.

Back
Top Bottom