Rashaan Evans | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rashaan Evans

miamirw

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
IMO, he's at the same level as Smith and Edmunds, but you could probably drop into the 20s and still get him. That would mean an extra 2nd round pick, possibly a 3rd.

I like this kid…no one is talking about him.

No one is talking about him because he doesnt warrent a selection at 11. If Minkah or Derwin are not there there at 11, I would love to trade down and snag him up. Even then though, would depend on who else is there. In general, 4-3 OLBs dont warrent a 1st round pick.

Last edited:
If the power four defensive guys are all gone, then I'd take 23 and 31 from New England. I'd turn that into Evans/LVE + Lamar Jackson, Goedert, Reid, Payne, or Hernandez.

I like Evans a lot. Not more than Smith and Edmunds, but I do think he's a lot safer than LVE.

not a top 15 guy. he cant cover the field like the other two

I think there’s a very good chance he’s our pick. Not sure if it’s good or bad, but definitely a Dolphin style pick.

If the power four defensive guys are all gone, then I'd take 23 and 31 from New England. I'd turn that into Evans/LVE + Lamar Jackson, Goedert, Reid, Payne, or Hernandez.

I like Evans a lot. Not more than Smith and Edmunds, but I do think he's a lot safer than LVE.

They would have to give is those two rd picks and either a 5th or 6th

What don't you like about Vander Esch? Everything that I've heard has been positive.

What don't you like about Vander Esch? Everything that I've heard has been positive.

He generally gets lost in traffic, doesn't hold the POA well for his size, and only has one year as a starter in CFB.

Evans is one of the most stout at the point of attack and does well in traffic or rushing the passer. But his ability in space is in question.

I actually like Darius Leonard better
While I like Evans more, if we don't draft a LB in the first round I wouldn't be surprised if they took Leonard a bit higher than he's being projected. I know they like him a lot. I'd be thrilled walking away from day two with James, Goedert, and Leonard.... I'll say that much.

NE doesn't trade those two picks to us. They trade back, not up unless it's a tremendous situation. Anybody they'd be willing to trade up for at that slot, we'd likely love to have as well.

Back
Top Bottom