Rashad Jones | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rashad Jones

I think the posters here discussing Gase being too disconnected from the overall program are right on the mark. Even in yesterday’s post game presser Gase basically says he “had to find out what happened.” He may be covering I realize during a presser however he is acting and has acted far too removed from the defense.
Shocking. Their agenda is your agenda with Gase.

This is exactly the kind of thing I posted would happen.

Gase gets all the information from the player(s) and coach(s) involved before he comes to a decision as to what he will do. He would either tell the press what is going on or tell them he is keeping it in house.

This is part of what being a head coach is all about. From the report it appears that the player was willing to approach the coach with his problem. For you haters, the word to describe this relationship is TRUST. It has to work both ways; the player trusts the head coach enough to go to him and the head coach is willing to "keep it in house" if he feels that is the right thing to do.

:pompus

Why does he say things like that? Is he going to paint it that he quit on the team. Obviously the guy is hurt and felt he couldn’t go. He’s been nothing but a warrior his entire career. That’s a lack of respect by Gase (who I’m really starting to hate) toward a player who gives his all every week. Show some class.
I agree, but also want to know the details. If it's anything like the Tannehill injury we won't know until closer to the end of the season!

Guys saying Jones has always been a team player... No...

Im totally fine with this... Jones is overrated, Minkah will be a better player, need to get him on the field, period...

And...

I have read and acknowledged your post, but I find no merit in your attempts to rationalize and carry water for someone who posted something that is utterly ridiculous.

That's his job, not yours.

I have tried to find some regard for you but it is not warranted. I guess we'll continue to disagree. From the minute you made that post regarding Marino throwing for 7000 yards in this era I knew you were exactly the type of person who I simply do not respect

Seems like a very strange connection you're trying to make between a sports take and someone being a respectable person.

You display your lack of respect for everyone who posts here every time you come in for a drive-by, insult everyone in the thread, and then slink away like a thief in the night when challenged to back up what you've posted or are presented with contrary evidence.

You don't need to announce your contempt for your fellow posters. It's evident in your posting.

J.David Wannyheimer is one of the most respected poster on this site, and he flat out called out one of the most overrated poster on this site... I know which horse Im backing in this one...

Guys saying Jones has always been a team player... No...

Im totally fine with this... Jones is overrated, Minkah will be a better player, need to get him on the field, period...

And...

J.David Wannyheimer is one of the most respected poster on this site, and he flat out called out one of the most overrated poster on this site... I know which horse Im backing in this one...

I agree Jones has been a team player, but I think his freelancing is getting old. When he guesses right it’s fantastic, but I think he’s been wrong more then we can take.

I agree Jones has been a team player, but I think his freelancing is getting old. When he guesses right it’s fantastic, but I think he’s been wrong more then we can take.
Maybe I worded it wrong but I absolutely dont think Jones is that much of a team player... Yesterday just kind of confirmed what I already thought...

Maybe I worded it wrong but I absolutely dont think Jones is that much of a team player... Yesterday just kind of confirmed what I already thought...
That doesn’t sit well with me either, but I don’t know all the facts to pass full judgement.

I think the “Jones is overrated” mantra is not because he is overrated. It is because we have two SS and no FS.

So when we see either SS take a bad angle or they are out of position we blame the safety.

But really, the problem is that the defense has two starter quality SS on the field. Neither is a ball hawk in the sense that they cover the back end of the defense and break up passes.

That is a problem with personnel and the coaching decisions.

People blame our corners when a long pass is completed, but I have seen those completions where the corner is within 2 yards and there is literally no safety help.

I blame that on the FS, but we don’t have one.

Now someone finally woke up to the fact that we need Minkah on the field more.... and he’s a FS.

If Burke chose TJ over Jones, I can see why Jones would be pissed. At the same time Jones needs to compete and beat out TJ. Having a fit and refusing to play is an entitled reaction.

One more thought: we should all hope Minkah becomes like that young safety the Jets have. (Adams?)

He can cover, he can play sideline to sideline, and he can disrupt at the LOS.

I think the “Jones is overrated” mantra is not because he is overrated. It is because we have two SS and no FS.

So when we see either SS take a bad angle or they are out of position we blame the safety.

But really, the problem is that the defense has two starter quality SS on the field. Neither is a ball hawk in the sense that they cover the back end of the defense and break up passes.

That is a problem with personnel and the coaching decisions.

People blame our corners when a long pass is completed, but I have seen those completions where the corner is within 2 yards and there is literally no safety help.

I blame that on the FS, but we don’t have one.

Now someone finally woke up to the fact that we need Minkah on the field more.... and he’s a FS.

If Burke chose TJ over Jones, I can see why Jones would be pissed. At the same time Jones needs to compete and beat out TJ. Having a fit and refusing to play is an entitled reaction.

Exactly. The 2 SS experiment has been horrid. I would have expected McDonald to be the odd man out with Fitz at FS and Jones at SS. Ive not been a fan of McDonald, but he played well yesterday. Regardless we need a FS who can QB the D, with range, coverage skills, sure tackling and ball skills. Fitz seems to fit(z) the bill.

PS...Id still rather have Fitz and Jones back there.

McDonald, jones and fitz. it not going be happy end for one of them. FITZ is future and he is good all ready. why did they not trade jones???

Guy plays well for years and has multiple pro bowls...all of the sudden he's a freelancing scrub....

Where was all of this talk about what a problem his freelancing was before?

Some of you really put in the extra effort to lick Gase's taint.

Guy plays well for years and has multiple pro bowls...all of the sudden he's a freelancing scrub....

Been sayin it forever and I am used to getting shredded for it.

Again the proof is there.

And he absolutely is not some freelancing scrub . . . He is a very solid in the box SS, who can be an absolute force when you pair him with a competent FS.

But for what he is making, he is extremely overrated for such a one dimensional safety.

And I absolutely believe he can be a detriment to your team with how he leaves his teammates out to dry with his freelancing

The notion that he may be our best defender has been a running joke for far too long on this site.

:victory:victory:victory

Shocking. Their agenda is your agenda with Gase.
Others agenda is your agenda with Gase.

We could do this all day.

Fact is, Gase IS removed from the defense, which we could all probably forgive, if his acute savantness on offense yielded anywhere close to a consistently productive offense for the past three seasons.

Back
Top Bottom