Rashad Jones | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rashad Jones

Matthew Cannata

@CannataNFL

I've been working all day to get some scoop on Reshad Jones, Matt Burke and Adam Gase. I've been able to put some pieces together. All of it has led to the fact that Matt Burke is on the hot seat. This week and weekend will be very telling for Matt Burke's future in Miami

Matthew Cannata

@CannataNFL

I've been working all day to get some scoop on Reshad Jones, Matt Burke and Adam Gase. I've been able to put some pieces together. All of it has led to the fact that Matt Burke is on the hot seat. This week and weekend will be very telling for Matt Burke's future in Miami

I mean you don’t fire Burke after the week his defense had . . . .even if Darnold was ass.

That being said, if Aaron Rodgers drops 35-40 on you and with the bye week looming, there is no better time to make that move.

I definitely agree this is a big week for coaches in Miami . . . And lucky for them they get to go on the road vs. a very desperate Green Bay team.

I mean you don’t fire Burke after the week his defense had . . . .even if Darnold was ***.

That being said, if Aaron Rodgers drops 35-40 on you and with the bye week looming, there is no better time to make that move.

I definitely agree this is a big week for coaches in Miami . . . And lucky for them they get to go on the road vs. a very desperate Green Bay team.

So who do you promote to DC in that scenario?

Regardless of your earlier points, the last is absurd. Everyone should entertain a healthy skepticism on what news is shared, how it is shared and think for themselves to draw conclusions.

NO Wozz, we should just keep drinking the kool aid they dishing out!!

Vance will be back as DC next season, maybe even at some point this season. Tannenbaum, Grier, Gase, and Tannehill will be back. Falk will probably be the backup. We'll be 8-8 in 2019 and they'll all be gone.

So who do you promote to DC in that scenario?

Personally I don't make a move but pressure might be there to make one if the right combo of bye week/gb beat down were to happen.

I am not nearly down on Burke as most are. No he ain't great but if Quinn is gonna play paddy cake with the LT all year and Wake only show up once every 8 games and u already have a bottom 5 DT and LB group with no depth . . .and then mix in communication breakdowns with Reshad and friends . . . I am not sure how much I wanna blame the DC over the personnel.

Exactly. The 2 SS experiment has been horrid. I would have expected McDonald to be the odd man out with Fitz at FS and Jones at SS. Ive not been a fan of McDonald, but he played well yesterday. Regardless we need a FS who can QB the D, with range, coverage skills, sure tackling and ball skills. Fitz seems to fit(z) the bill.

PS...Id still rather have Fitz and Jones back there.
Well said..

Vance will be back as DC next season, maybe even at some point this season. Tannenbaum, Grier, Gase, and Tannehill will be back. Falk will probably be the backup. We'll be 8-8 in 2019 and they'll all be gone.

all but Vance will be back next season including Burke. we will be 7-9/8-8
next year while trending upwards.
RT will retire a Dolphin when he is good and ready.

There is nothing to tell about Bruke...........he's a bum and should have been ****-canned in the off-season and now Miami is paying the price.

The whole "miscommunication" BS between Jones, Burke and Gase stinks like rotting fish. The writing is on the wall, Burke will be gone soon.

Burke is mediocre - make no mistake - but we have been devoid of talent on the entire defensive side.

AT EVERY POSITION... defensive end, defensive tackle, linebacker unit, entire secondary... zero depth... what the **** is Burke to do?

With that said, Coyle was a pretty good defensive coordinator when we had good defensive depth and talent... and the year everyone on this forum started shitting on Coyle was when our defensive talent and depth was a disaster... he got a horrible shakeout. Burke is going to get the same, but he is a much less impressive DC.

Guy plays well for years and has multiple pro bowls...all of the sudden he's a freelancing scrub....

Where was all of this talk about what a problem his freelancing was before?

Some of you really put in the extra effort to lick Gase's taint.

the fix is in as predicted, dude.

Personally I don't make a move but pressure might be there to make one if the right combo of bye week/gb beat down were to happen.

I am not nearly down on Burke as most are. No he ain't great but if Quinn is gonna play paddy cake with the LT all year and Wake only show up once every 8 games and u already have a bottom 5 DT and LB group with no depth . . .and then mix in communication breakdowns with Reshad and friends . . . I am not sure how much I wanna blame the DC over the personnel.

Burke is slow to make changes. He also doesn't do dime defense at all. His schemes game to game are inconsistent and often times confusing to the players. Communication is key as a defensive coordinator and if you are not a good communicator, it will show up on the football field.

I don't think he is a good defensive coordinator. Perhaps position coach was the perfect fit for him.

So what is the deal here? Cause this Armstrong and mctyer stuff isn’t gonna work vs teams that have a quality wr unit.

year2.jpg
Looks like he can be cut in 2019 to me.

Back
Top Bottom