Rashad Jones | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rashad Jones

Exactly. The 2 SS experiment has been horrid. I would have expected McDonald to be the odd man out with Fitz at FS and Jones at SS. Ive not been a fan of McDonald, but he played well yesterday. Regardless we need a FS who can QB the D, with range, coverage skills, sure tackling and ball skills. Fitz seems to fit(z) the bill.

PS...Id still rather have Fitz and Jones back there.

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner. Combine Fitz with Jones, get a competent boundary corner, and an above average center => Bada bing! You have a winning football team. I really believe that is all we need. If we want to pad it, then add a moderately effective Mike.

He played basically 2 series and they were both 3 and outs so I don’t know where this freelancing coverage blown narrative comes from.

It was a good thing it was the jets wr group.

He played basically 2 series and they were both 3 and outs so I don’t know where this freelancing coverage blown narrative comes from.

It was a good thing it was the jets wr group.

I imagine it is coming from the coaches. If I was to guess for the Jets game, then there is a play withinAqua4Ever04’s Film Room post. Jones moves up to a run blitz that I do not believe was called by the coach. The Jets get an easy completion to the TE. None of the other players effectively adjust probably because he is freelancing. Note: this is highly speculative since I do not know what was called. Just a guess.

I imagine it is coming from the coaches. If I was to guess for the Jets game, then there is a play withinAqua4Ever04’s Film Room post. Jones moves up to a run blitz that I do not believe was called by the coach. The Jets get an easy completion to the TE. None of the other players effectively adjust probably because he is freelancing. Note: this is highly speculative since I do not know what was called. Just a guess.

Which play? I have the tape at the house

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparantly, there is a possibility, Rashad Jones lost the guarantee on his 2019 salary after pulling himself out of the game on Sunday. This sounds like Miami may have been gifted an out of this insane contract?

Others agenda is your agenda with Gase.

We could do this all day.

Fact is, Gase IS removed from the defense, which we could all probably forgive, if his acute savantness on offense yielded anywhere close to a consistently productive offense for the past three seasons.
19 PPG - high octane baby!!!

I retract my statement. This is what I get for going by memory while on my lunch break. This was the play just before Jones went out. I misremember his actions. I suppose there could still be a mistake with his actions on this play, but I do not see it.

Eat a snickers! You aren’t yourself when you are hungry. Lol I kid I kid.

Once the motion starts to reshads side and the opposite side safety shifts back into the middle of the field you know reshad is climbing up closer to the box to defend the strong side of the formation vs the run primary.

That plays about kikos lack of depth but the cover ask relative to the route is a difficult one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I retract my statement. This is what I get for going by memory while on my lunch break. This was the play just before Jones went out. I misremember his actions. I suppose there could still be a mistake with his actions on this play, but I do not see it.

Sounds more like jones thought he wouldn’t be pulled for fitz that only McDonald would be pulled.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-jones-no-regrets-not-re-entering-sunday-game

The issue came after Jones was taken out by defensive coordinator Matt Burke before the Dolphins' fourth defensive series. Burke was rotating starting defensive backs out of the game to make rookie Minkah Fitzpatrick a full-time player.

Burke put cornerback Bobby McCain on the bench for the first two drives, T.J. McDonald on the bench in the third drive and Jones on the bench in the fourth drive. Jones was the only one who didn't return after being taken out.

So pretty much he quit on Sunday because he didn't accept a clear rotation plan that was known during the week to get Minkah more snaps . . . .and everybody else complied except him.

Newsflash Reshad . . . U are no longer the best safety on this team.

It's not a good look at all but whatever. Guess u can throw a tantrum when the VP gives u all the financial leverage in a restructure.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-jones-no-regrets-not-re-entering-sunday-game

Newsflash Reshad . . . U are no longer the best safety on this team.

That's not true, K. Jones has been here 8 years busting heads. Minkah hasn't finished year 1. Come on.

It's not true, yet. Looks like it sure as hell will be and thank God for that. We finally got a star at 1. But he's at least gotta finish the year, man.

IMO, it's inexcusable not to find a way to have Jones and Fitz on the field at the same time.

Regardless, it was a b!tch move by Jones.

This is where the Pats rule the universe. They would've seen this coming and gotten a first day pick for Jones. Bet.

That's not true, K. Jones has been here 8 years busting heads. Minkah hasn't finished year 1. Come on.

It's not true, yet. Looks like it sure as hell will be and thank God for that. We finally got a star at 1. But he's at least gotta finish the year, man.

IMO, it's inexcusable not to find a way to have Jones and Fitz on the field at the same time.

Regardless, it was a b!tch move by Jones.

This is where the Pats rule the universe. They would've seen this coming and gotten a first day pick for Jones. Bet.

Hey if I am Matt Burke and I spent the mini bye week looking at his secondary after that Texans game . . . I would try to mix it up a bit as well. It was one series and Reshad left his team out to dry.

Bitch move is right

Completely agree that it was a very bad move by Reshad, and I was disappointed to read that he doesn't even feel sorry about it. I also think that Gase shouldn't have hinted at Burke's poor communication skills, even if it were true. You don't side with an insubordinate player over a coach. It's the player's job to do what the coach tells him to, and especially with that contract he shouldn't be causing problems for the team. What if every player would throw a tantrum every time they are taken off the field? You can't have success at this level if you tolerate indiscipline.

Last edited:
I mean you don’t fire Burke after the week his defense had . . . .even if Darnold was ***.

That being said, if Aaron Rodgers drops 35-40 on you and with the bye week looming, there is no better time to make that move.

I definitely agree this is a big week for coaches in Miami . . . And lucky for them they get to go on the road vs. a very desperate Green Bay team.

Problem with having a coach on the "hotseat" if some of the players catch wind of it and they don't like Burke for whatever reason it could become a self fulfilling prophecy.

Back
Top Bottom