Rashard Anderson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rashard Anderson

Anthony3454 said:
He's a CB/S that was selected 23 overall in the 2000 draft by the Panthers. After playing 2 seasons he was suspended for a year because of failed drug tests. If he can convince Saban that he'll stay clean, I think he could help us. He'll come cheap and has the size Saban likes at 6-2, 205.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2093776

I believe that everyone deserves a second chance. On the other hand, I am a little concerned with Saban bringing in all of these players with checkered pasts. It sort of reminds me of how JJ operated. I'm not saying that we will have the same results w/ Saban as we did with JJ but it just brings up bad memories of how JJ would just bring in any kind of player that could fill a need despite the warning signs. I remember Clayton Holmes (Cocaine), Lawrence Phillips, Cecil Collins, Charles Jordan, etc.

We already have enough players that are criminals and we really dont need another player that is in the drug program.

phinfan2003 said:
I believe that everyone deserves a second chance. On the other hand, I am a little concerned with Saban bringing in all of these players with checkered pasts. It sort of reminds me of how JJ operated. I'm not saying that we will have the same results w/ Saban as we did with JJ but it just brings up bad memories of how JJ would just bring in any kind of player that could fill a need despite the warning signs. I remember Clayton Holmes (Cocaine), Lawrence Phillips, Cecil Collins, Charles Jordan, etc.
I totally agree with you!

armyfinfan said:
We already have enough players that are criminals and we really dont need another player that is in the drug program.

I wouldn't call a drug addict or a drunk driving speeding on a highway criminal...This is some strong words.....What a joke this guy!!!!

what a piece of junk Rice is. Talk about the epitome of a me player, and somebody thats so full of himself.

he called Arizona the armpit of the NFL, said Pat Tillman was nothing special, then has the balls to say "Its supposed to be high, blah blah, blah"....all this from one of the most one dimensional players on a defensive line. Lines up like 5 yards off the LT, and is QB or bust. I loved watching him get run over by guys like Nick Goings last year, because he is a total liability in the run game.

As for Rashard.....if Len hadn't even brought him up, people would have no idea who he is, and as stated in the article, nobody seems to be biting. After being out of football for 3 years, he wouldn't be an upgrade to anything we have right now

BenchFiedler said:
I wouldn't call a drug addict or a drunk driving speeding on a highway criminal...This is some strong words.....What a joke this guy!!!!
What is criminal is people taking drunk driving so lightly.

If he was suspended for a year he certainly failed more than one drug test as we all know and was given a second, third and God knows how many chances already. The case is closed on this one. He's no longer a player.

I agree with all of you yet having Saban cut a certain guy makes me feel at ease.

An example was set, lets hope a few of these guys with troubled pasts get the message!

BenchFiedler said:

If he killed someone you knew then you'd call them a criminal. No strong words about it. People who drink and drive should be executed.

Back
Top Bottom