RASPUTIN LIVES!! Mayes might not be waived outright | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RASPUTIN LIVES!! Mayes might not be waived outright

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
From the Herald.......

Dolphins tight end Alonzo Mayes hyperextended his right knee Saturday night against Houston, suffering an injury that will complicate how quickly the team will be able to release him, if at all.

Eleven other players were released Sunday.

According to two sources, Mayes was told early Sunday that he was likely to be released by Tuesday, when NFL teams must get down to the 65-man roster limit. However, Mayes had an MRI exam on the knee that revealed the damage.

Mayes, who lost the battle for a starting job to rookie Randy McMichael, can be given an injury settlement or be put on injured reserve, although that will depend on the severity of the injury.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miami/sports/football/nfl/miami_dolphins/3938100.htm

Now that we FINALLY want to rid ourselves of him.....we can't. At least not right away. God, what a waste of time, money, and draft picks.

It's unfortunate..I think McMicheals play really kept him down, too include his own stupidity with the ankle twist..A wasted bit of talent...and what makes me so bad is he will get another chance with some other team and play well. We develope another team benefits...

Honestly I don't think he was all that talented to begin with. He didn't have the consistency you need to produce at an NFL level. Buh-bye

Sure he was and is...

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Honestly I don't think he was all that talented to begin with. He didn't have the consistency you need to produce at an NFL level. Buh-bye

... he's injury prone though. That's his problem, not ability or talent. The guy is a MONSTER TE, potentially anyway. He has size, speed, good hands and can block.

Plus I think his work ethic didn't help either. It's amazing he can't see that he keeps getting hurt because he doesn't put in the time during the off-season. DUR! :)

Oliver...

Man these guys don't know how lucky they are to be given a opportunity to play in the nfl. If only I was 6' tall and run a 4.4 40yd dash I could of been great. But im only 5'7" and run a 4.9 dam it. Hey at least I played one year of junior college ball.

Originally posted by ckparrothead

He is very talented, just very lazy, doesn't make goals for himself.

Let's face it guys, when you get to the pro level, all the guys are talented. Some, obviously more than others, but the thing that makes one guy stand out over the other, is work ethic, and attitude.

Mayes obviously, has not learned to balance his football priorities. It is all nice to have an off-season, and kick back, and "just be Alonzo" (Which must mean, just pigging out, and putting on 40 pounds of blubber), but you need to be smart about it.

The last thing you want to say, after having a long injury history, is that when the off-season comes, it is my time, and the football people have their time later. Not that that is not probably a good thing, but just not the smartest thing to vocalize.

Originally posted by scotgif
Let's face it guys, when you get to the pro level, all the guys are talented. Some, obviously more than others, but the thing that makes one guy stand out over the other, is work ethic, and attitude.

Mayes obviously, has not learned to balance his football priorities. It is all nice to have an off-season, and kick back, and "just be Alonzo" (Which must mean, just pigging out, and putting on 40 pounds of blubber), but you need to be smart about it.

The last thing you want to say, after having a long injury history, is that when the off-season comes, it is my time, and the football people have their time later. Not that that is not probably a good thing, but just not the smartest thing to vocalize.
Yeah everyone's talented, but there are still degrees of separation even at the NFL level. McMichael has a good work ethic, but he's also more talented than a lot of TE's. Same for Chris Chambers at WR.

It's also possible that this whole concept of players developing with one team and fulfilling their potential with another averages out. Look at Jaime Nails. Probably everyone in Buffalo is complaining right now like we think we will be.

I am pretty sure that McMichael fell in the draft because of his work ethic and attitude at Georgia, but it has been very good here in Miami.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I am pretty sure that McMichael fell in the draft because of his work ethic and attitude at Georgia, but it has been very good here in Miami.

I heard it was dropping passes and poor blocking . . . none of which I have seen in camp. I actually watched him closely while he played to study his blocking and he did a pretty good job. He is not going to be confused with an offensive tackle, but he seems to get the job done.

If he keeps it up, McMichael will be one of the steals of the draft. I think it would be great if he had a better year than Shockey who every commentator thinks is the second coming . . .

Well SN does say his attitude and character combined with his inconsistencies are the reason he fell.

Let's not forget, he has never done a single thing in the real season, so I'm gonna wait and see what he does in teh regular season to think he'll do anything more than learn the ropes for awhile. I try not to get over optimistic until they do it for REAL.

Originally posted by Phinstd
Well SN does say his attitude and character combined with his inconsistencies are the reason he fell.

Let's not forget, he has never done a single thing in the real season, so I'm gonna wait and see what he does in teh regular season to think he'll do anything more than learn the ropes for awhile. I try not to get over optimistic until they do it for REAL.

a great career for mcmicheal will always be as long as norv turner is there. if not, he will move on and become ordinary, unless, and thats a big unless, he stays with us and we get someone who understands what norv found in him and continues the trend.

Back
Top Bottom