Rate The First 3 Rounds.... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rate The First 3 Rounds....

Rate the first 3 rounds.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If that's the case, why do you have me as a cross dresser?
Hey, I'm in there too. Just having a little fun at everyone's expense, including myself. Just look how hot I am, I've never looked so good. Fish could stand to lose a few, although he does have an impressive rack.

B+

Wilkins is a great person and very good player. That's where the frustration holds. The Dolphins at 13 were basically one great defensive lineman short. Seemingly a big gap at Oliver 9 and Wilkins 13.

Actually I think Dexter Lawrence became undervalued during the process. A year ago in all the very early mocks smack after the 2018 draft Lawrence was well ahead of Wilkins and often within the top 5. Wilkins was generally mid to late first round. Even in the middle of last fall Lawrence was still above Wilkins. But then scrutiny shows up and now Lawrence is not a 3-down player, and the bowl suspension... Understandable but I still prefer that early evaluation. Lawrence was rated higher out of high school than Wilkins, albeit a year apart. I would have taken the bigger younger guy. But I'll never complain about the Wilkins pick. It fits what the Dolphins are doing right now, which is a massive step up from the Ronnie Brown/Ryan Tannehill/Dion Jordan thought process.

The second round maneuvering was so fantastic it is difficult to believe it didn't belong to a different team. Classic example of doing the right thing. Now just see what happens. I'm not sure names are necessary or relevant.

I will say that the Cardinals would not have settled for a lower pick. We squeezed every last spot. Obviously there is no way to tell for sure but I've been in that situation so often as a gambler you get a feel for it. There is market value and you can't stretch it too far before the other side simply laughs at you, content for another day. If Rosen had been a late first round pick then it's a different story than #10.

Deiter is a solid player but not a gamble. Maybe I would have gambled higher. I really wanted Jace Sternberger in that round but he was picked three spots earlier by the Packers. Consequently once we picked I was still recovering mentally and I can't really remember who else was on the board.

Deiter is fine until you consider that rare athletes like Armstead and Thuney have been available in that offensive line range in recent years. We get more of a battler technician type.

I wrote this in the VIP Saturday night after the draft had wrapped up...

I think the hardest thing to do it take the personal out of the draft. A lot of us, myself included, love the draft and love the process of finding players. We get to the point that we feel like player "A" is not only someone that would be great for Miami, but I have already started to imagine what he would look like playing for the Dolphins. Draft day comes and we don't get that player...or any player we really liked and start to think the draft is a failure. Its really hard not to....just look at local media reactions. So I am trying to look at this draft as objectively as possible...was the pick a good value, was it a position of need, and does the player fit. For the last one I am going to guess and use the Pats as a baseline for player fit.

Round 1 - Christian Wilkins - A - from the perspective of what the Dolphins are trying to build and looking at the types of players the Patriots tend to like and have do well for them, I don't know if there was a better prospect at that spot.

Round 2 - Trade and Josh Rosen - A plus - from a pure value standpoint I don't know if a better move was made in the draft. The Dolphins planned to trade for Rosen all along and not only did they get someone who would have been the 2nd best QB in this years draft (easily the 3rd best in last years draft), but they were able to move back and net a 2nd for next year. ****ing Brilliant.

Round 3 - Michael Deiter - B - Needed a guard, got a guard, I prefer lineman to be better pass blockers, but he is a mauler and he has a ton of starts. Good value with this pick as well.

Round 4 - a barren wasteland of despair. I take solace knowing that they seem to be moving away from the giving picks away thing.

Round 5 - Andrew Van Ginkle - D - There were players that had more college success and better play still available. I will watch this pick with Hollins, Cashman, Omonihu, and Walker who I feel are much better players.

Round 6 - Isaiah Prince - A - Great Value this late in the draft. Saw him going round 4 and we need a RT. If I judge this with the Deiter pick, you are beginning to see a theme. Lineman that can actually play like a ****ing lineman should. Big powerful guys who can move people. Both have shaky pass blocking, but so did our sad little finesse lineman so at least with these two, maybe we can run the ball a little/

Round 7 - Couple of RBs and who gives a **** because they are 7th round RBs - no grade because it is the 7th round - We added a full back and a kid I really like from Washington...very good vision and enough burst to get through the hole. The FB continues the theme established by the lineman we took...

Overall Grade B plus...Wilkins, Rosen, the trade for an extra second, and the type of lineman we drafted points to having a sound plan. Weird to say, but it does look like an actual plan. Van Ginkle and his dumb *** last name is the only questionable pick for me.

A-

I dont trust Dieter...

Wilkins was a home run....

If Rosen stayed another year his numbers would have been similar to Haskins...and this is with a solid college resume behind him.

Moving back and getting extra ammo for the future shows a Belichick type savvy.
I’m not very high on dieter either I liked Mc Govern better

I wrote this in the VIP Saturday night after the draft had wrapped up...

I think the hardest thing to do it take the personal out of the draft. A lot of us, myself included, love the draft and love the process of finding players. We get to the point that we feel like player "A" is not only someone that would be great for Miami, but I have already started to imagine what he would look like playing for the Dolphins. Draft day comes and we don't get that player...or any player we really liked and start to think the draft is a failure. Its really hard not to....just look at local media reactions. So I am trying to look at this draft as objectively as possible...was the pick a good value, was it a position of need, and does the player fit. For the last one I am going to guess and use the Pats as a baseline for player fit.

Round 1 - Christian Wilkins - A - from the perspective of what the Dolphins are trying to build and looking at the types of players the Patriots tend to like and have do well for them, I don't know if there was a better prospect at that spot.

Round 2 - Trade and Josh Rosen - A plus - from a pure value standpoint I don't know if a better move was made in the draft. The Dolphins planned to trade for Rosen all along and not only did they get someone who would have been the 2nd best QB in this years draft (easily the 3rd best in last years draft), but they were able to move back and net a 2nd for next year. ****ing Brilliant.

Round 3 - Michael Deiter - B - Needed a guard, got a guard, I prefer lineman to be better pass blockers, but he is a mauler and he has a ton of starts. Good value with this pick as well.

Round 4 - a barren wasteland of despair. I take solace knowing that they seem to be moving away from the giving picks away thing.

Round 5 - Andrew Van Ginkle - D - There were players that had more college success and better play still available. I will watch this pick with Hollins, Cashman, Omonihu, and Walker who I feel are much better players.

Round 6 - Isaiah Prince - A - Great Value this late in the draft. Saw him going round 4 and we need a RT. If I judge this with the Deiter pick, you are beginning to see a theme. Lineman that can actually play like a ****ing lineman should. Big powerful guys who can move people. Both have shaky pass blocking, but so did our sad little finesse lineman so at least with these two, maybe we can run the ball a little/

Round 7 - Couple of RBs and who gives a **** because they are 7th round RBs - no grade because it is the 7th round - We added a full back and a kid I really like from Washington...very good vision and enough burst to get through the hole. The FB continues the theme established by the lineman we took...

Overall Grade B plus...Wilkins, Rosen, the trade for an extra second, and the type of lineman we drafted points to having a sound plan. Weird to say, but it does look like an actual plan. Van Ginkle and his dumb *** last name is the only questionable pick for me.
Nice write up. Pretty much agree with everything you said.

I say B+ to A- because I wish we would have gotten a 4th round this year by trading one or two of our lower picks in 2020. There were still a few good players in that round that we could have used.

Back
Top Bottom