Rate The First 3 Rounds.... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rate The First 3 Rounds....

Rate the first 3 rounds.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd say B+

Wilkins should be a very good player for a long time. Wasn't a fan of moving back in the second and then using that pick on Rosen. Would've just taken McCoy there, also lost a 4th rounder. The Deiter pick seems decent

I think I like the first three rounds, BUT, it depends on how Rosen develops (top 5-10 QB or bottom 10)?
Is Dieter a 10 year plus starter or Dallas Thomas or Jon Martin?
Wilkins I think is a fairly sure thing to be somewhere between average and pro bowl.

Biggest problem for the Dolphins isn't who we draft its how bad we develope them. I think coaching players and leadership is strong suit of Flores staff. Great day to be a Dolphins fan. Love all the moves by Grier.

I think I like the first three rounds, BUT, it depends on how Rosen develops (top 5-10 QB or bottom 10)?
Is Dieter a 10 year plus starter or Dallas Thomas or Jon Martin?
Wilkins I think is a fairly sure thing to be somewhere between average and pro bowl.
Just Christian Wilkins plus the potential of the 2nd round pick next year we got from the Saints gives us a pretty high floor for this draft so far.

I don't see how anyone can say this isn't at least a B+. DT, QB, OL...all needs. Rosen for a 3rd is great value IMO. He was in a terrible situation in Arizona. If he stinks in Miami we can draft next year to replace him. Don't see a downside at all having him in the organization and evaluating him in our own system.

Vincent Taylor steel cage match with Largopats. I'm ready to purchase tickets!

I don't see how anyone can say this isn't at least a B+. DT, QB, OL...all needs. Rosen for a 3rd is great value IMO. He was in a terrible situation in Arizona. If he stinks in Miami we can draft next year to replace him. Don't see a downside at all having him in the organization and evaluating him in our own system.
wasn't it a 2nd?

B

I understand that the Draft is a fluid process BUT if the initial plan was to take Rosen, I would have targeted Garrett Bradbury in the 1st instead if Wilkins and drafted someone like DE Anthony Nelson in the 3rd.

Man they've exceeded my expectations
Just all those picks next year
Rosen pk 62

Though wanted Haskins at 13
McCoy at 48 but from what they did its fair to say has a shot at being even better, depending on Rosen and his development...But to not like the approach is just head scratching to me even for all of us novices ...

Like to see now real upgrade with the OL and give Rosen a legitimate shot, but damn we are just a few months in and a hell of a lot of time left to see what intelligent professionals will do... WOW that feels so good to say....

A

10-year starter on the defensive line in Wilkins. Immediate starter on the offensive line with Deiter. A low risk, high reward trade in Josh Rosen - plus more tangible assets for 2020.

B+ for me. Wilkins is a solid choice. I don't know what to think about Deiter but guard is definitely the position I wanted to address with that pick. As for round 2, I don't like Rosen. I didn't think he would be a good QB last year, I don't think he will be a good QB now. But I respect buying low on the off chance he surprises everyone. A lesser GM would've panicked and traded our 2nd straight up. But moving back, grabbing a 2020 2nd rounder (it'll likely be late and gave away a 4th, but 2020 looks to be a better class) and then giving away a low 2nd, near 3rd round pick for Rosen is a great buy low move. I imagine Cards fans wish they got better compensation.

If I'm not mistaken the Phins look to have at least two selections in every round but the 1st in 2020. And if Rosen does surprise, the move will be considered brilliant. If he doesn't, it will be considered a minor set back*. Hard to complain imo.

*Just so long as Rosen's presence (without proving a lot this year) doesn't stop the Phins from taking a round 1 QB next year.

Last edited:
Dude, this draft is complete garbage. The Phins got three UDFA values in first three rounds.
This team is not even competitive on draft day, in spite of so many idiot GMs participating. We are in the 30s of 32 after these 2 days.

I think you should tighten up the resume and get one over to the Dolphins HR department!!!!

A-

To get an A+ you would have had to pull off what we pulled off, AND picked in the second round

Back
Top Bottom