Rate The Qb Backups... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rate The Qb Backups...

dolphins are being too cheap when it come to back up qb.....their not looking out for future of this team.... on real they need draft qb next yr rd 1-3

Petty's TD throw was a thing of beauty, no matter who you are playing against to put that ball in that spot where only your wideout can make a play shows real talent. Fales is a competent back up too, I would be happy to roll with either of them as number 2, tbh in Tanny goes down we are screwed so it doesn't really matter.

Why? Seriously if 17 goes down, it's another lost season. None of them have a future as a starter in the NFL.

Lazy answer.
I'm sure Eagles fans thought the same thing before Wentz got hurt last year. If the other players around the QB are playing well, you never know what may happen.

Lazy answer.
I'm sure Eagles fans thought the same thing before Wentz got hurt last year. If the other players around the QB are playing well, you never know what may happen.
Foles is good qb.. as well and I don't want compare him to thill17... but our backup.... Miami come on man.. blind gm can do better than that????

nd I d
Nobody thought that when he was with the rams. He had a 69 passer rating
jeff fisher is qb killer thill17 would be done as well if he was with rams.. I am not picking side but foles was good w eagles first time around...

Lazy answer.
Lazy would suggest that I hadn't given it the thought that it deserved. IMO, I gave it the proper amount. It's not "lazy" to avoid wasting time.

Lazy would suggest that I hadn't given it the thought that it deserved. IMO, I gave it the proper amount. It's not "lazy" to avoid wasting time.

Most backup QBs are backups for a reason. They are not starters. That is why I said it was lazy because its like saying water is wet.

Foles is good qb.. as well and I don't want compare him to thill17... but our backup.... Miami come on man.. blind gm can do better than that????

There must be 31 other blind GMs in the league then huh? Nobody would have called Foles a good QB prior to last year.

Most backup QBs are backups for a reason. They are not starters. That is why I said it was lazy because its like saying water is wet.
It is true that they are backups for a reason. I just don't think it matters whatsoever who the backup is in this situation. Some teams (the dirty rotten patriots for example) can still be successful if a backup plays. I don't think it makes a dimes worth of difference in this case.

It is true that they are backups for a reason. I just don't think it matters whatsoever who the backup is in this situation. Some teams (the dirty rotten patriots for example) can still be successful if a backup plays. I don't think it makes a dimes worth of difference in this case.

Well the QB isn't the sole reason for that team's success. It is the rest of the players who also execute on an elite level. The Patriots have Brian Hoyer as their primary backup QB. Do you seriously think he will be the reason why they will be successful if Brady goes down?

There must be 31 other blind GMs in the league then huh? Nobody would have called Foles a good QB prior to last year.
it seem to me dolphins are scare bring in any qb that might be threat to thill17....

Well the QB isn't the sole reason for that team's success. It is the rest of the players who also execute on an elite level. The Patriots have Brian Hoyer as their primary backup QB. Do you seriously think he will be the reason why they will be successful if Brady goes down?
yes I agree w u but we are not patriots.. we need great qb as starter and avg qb as backup to keep up w N.E

That was my point exactly. On some teams the quality of the backup has more importance than on others. I don't believe it matters much with the Fins.

Do you think that if RT goes down week three that they make the playoffs irrespective of which of the guys they keep?

Do you honestly think it would make a substantial difference in the win total?

Back-up QB's are designed to carry your team through a couple of games. Any more than that they get exposed as to why they are only back-ups. Roll with Tannehill and Fales; if RT goes down either Petty or Osweiler will still be available to back-up.

Back
Top Bottom