Rate the QBs | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rate the QBs

Originally posted by zachseau13
"I still can't see how you can sit there and tell me, having watched both Cunningham and Vick, that Cunningham is a better runner than Vick. I don't care what the numbers say. "

It is obvious that you do not care what the numbers say.
I see also that you were a child when Cunningham came into the league, so perhaps you should defer to people who actually saw both play. In Cunningham's prime he was as dangerous a runner as any QB ever. Ask anyone that actually saw him hurdle defenders and make entire teams miss.

Because I wasn't a grown man during Cunningham's career, I couldn't have seen Cunningham play?? And if I did, I couldn't possibly have been able to properly comprehend what I was seeing?? I remember that badass 1990 season. And I remember when Cunningham tore up his knee in the first game of the '91 season because his coaches told him to stay in the pocket, and the interview thereafter in which he vowed never to change his game again. Football has been a passion from a very early age. And because of it, I was able to see Cunningham in his prime. :up:

I saw Cunningham more than I've seen Vick (in the pros). He was a phenomenal runner. I saw him hurdle defenders, cutback, escape, and make things happen. He still is one of my favorite players of all time (and one big reason why I searched out an emulated Tecmo Bowl game for my computer last year. :tongue: ). There probably wasn't a better running QB to ever hit the league, until now. I just feel that Vick is an even more talented runner.

Originally posted by mf52dolphin

Winning the Super Bowl is an overated indicator of a quarterback. In fact I have Dan Fouts(who never even made it to a Super Bowl) ranked higher than Joe Montana(I also have Steve Young rated much higher than Montana as the best 49'er quarterback). Also Super Bowls have been won Trent Dilfer, Jeff Hostetler,, and Mark Ripyen. Even Terry Bradshaw was a lousy quarterback the first year he had won the Super Bowl and had even lost the job during the regular seson that year.

I still believe Brady is a fluke, but then again he is playing for a demented coach who prefers to use the inferior quarterback in the lineup(when he ran out Bernie Kosar in favor of Vinnie Testaverde, which was a truly unpardonable decision). :goof:

I totally agree with this. I've been in so many frustrating Marino Montana arguments I was just putting a different spin on things and venting a little. Nobody, who isn't a Dolphins fan, wants to talk about stats and individual acomplishments when it comes to comparing QB's. All they want to talk about is Super Bowl rings and I can't stand it. Its no coincidence that Montana, Young, Bono and Gannon had such great success they played with the best WR of all time BAR NONE. Jerry Rice is still doing it today at 40 or 41 years old I don't think there is any argument that he is the best of all time.

If I had to pick one QB for next season only it would be Farve.

Next season and beyond it would be Vick. The reason is that he is so fast that the DEs and OLBs have to hold a beat b/c they are so scared of his outside run that his presence alone improves the running game before he even throws a pass. He tends to avoid turnovers and his arm strength is among the strongest in the league.

I wouldn't have Bledsoe in my top five.

I have Brady above Bledsoe and I believe Pennington is better than Bledsoe too but won't him there yet b/c it was only one season.

Back
Top Bottom