Rate the Tank | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rate the Tank

Grier has done nothing but lift the franchise up since he's been in command
which certifiably happened post 2018 season (firing TBum and Gase the Fake).

Any shots at Grier prior to that date are either uninformed or agenda driven
IMO -- based on the prevailing facts that we all knew -- TBum and Gase superseded
the authority of Grier.

So Grier is handed the lordship and... Soon after, as a franchise, with Ross on board,
we're (suddenly no longer in show biz but) now serious about building a winning. sustainable
program.

What happens next? Brian Flores and his staff take over. Even the most jaded loser Dolphins
fans are impressed by the coaching composition he soon assembles. In addition Grier remakes
the personnel department and brings in PROVEN commodities like Marvin Allen and McKenzie.

Beyond that we have, by pretty much every measure, a very solid draft and land Rosen for
an R2 that we actually just time deferred 1 year.

Flash forward and by all measures we just had the best looking preseason since probably
the Shula years -- in terms of the TEAM looking fundamentally sound and playing inspired
team ball. I often wondered (shockingly) WHY we looked like the better prepared/coached
team? And then we're getting all this production from UDFAs and dudes from Canada and

LORD does any of this remotely resemble anything the punk Ireland could have assembled?
I do remember him and Ross chasing Hairball out in San Fran and then the Sparano implosion
followed by [whats his name]? oh yeah the brilliant Philbin and...

Cut the CRAP!
I didn’t know Grier ‘s family posted on this board. Ya his 2017 draft was great. Oh that was gase is fault. I forgot.
No it was tannanbum. No it was Ross. Grier didn’t have anything to do with that draft. But he was sure great with the picks of Tunsil ,X, and fitz. Dude he even said he made the draft board for each draft after he was named gm. He had misses and some hits, but there is no agenda. The jury is still out on him. He isn’t above criticism.

I didn’t know Grier ‘s family posted on this board. Ya his 2017 draft was great. Oh that was gase is fault. I forgot.
No it was tannanbum. No it was Ross. Grier didn’t have anything to do with that draft. But he was sure great with the picks of Tunsil ,X, and fitz. Dude he even said he made the draft board for each draft after he was named gm. He had misses and some hits, but there is no agenda. The jury is still out on him. He isn’t above criticism.

Funny guy. You inferring anything by "family" BTW.

Beyond that, of course he's not beyond crit.

But I'm just saying he's not beneath praise either!

The balance of your post (in terms of inter-contradiction)

supports my basic supposition.

I'm just evaluating Mister Grier since it's been

unequivocally clear he's 100% THE MAN.

You have an issue with that?

Please feel free to elaborate.

I get not throwing all trust at Grier. He hasn't quite earned it yet. But am I missing something? Since he's been the undisputed guy in charge, with no other person with veto power, our drafts haven't been anything to sneeze at. I mean I'm not saying he's executive of the year or anything, but damn, would you guys prefer Ireland again? I don't get it. I don't think he's done too shabby.

I get not throwing all trust at Grier. He hasn't quite earned it yet. But am I missing something? Since he's been the undisputed guy in charge, with no other person with veto power, our drafts haven't been anything to sneeze at. I mean I'm not saying he's executive of the year or anything, but damn, would you guys prefer Ireland again? I don't get it. I don't think he's done too shabby.
And when exactly did that start?

Hum man in the middle. Like the evolution of the preseason games as the team appeared to progress.
I am very very tired of purging rosters with every new Dolphins coaching hire as I take that as a excuse for loosing because they have the inability to coach up veteran players.
This is certainly a tank job that I rank as high as 10 in a scale of 10. But more importantly if Flores and Grier are the right guys I expect 4 wins if not we go 0 16 this year which is where I feel we are headed.

Hum man in the middle. Like the evolution of the preseason games as the team appeared to progress.
I am very very tired of purging rosters with every new Dolphins coaching hire as I take that as a excuse for loosing because they have the inability to coach up veteran players.
This is certainly a tank job that I rank as high as 10 in a scale of 10. But more importantly if Flores and Grier are the right guys I expect 4 wins if not we go 0 16 this year which is where I feel we are headed.

I think that it is going to take a 0-16 year to get the 1st pick.

The jury's still out on the Grier/Flores/Allen/McKenzie regime. 1 thing is clear...the previous "brain trust" of Gase/T-Baum was a total disaster, including the terrible assistant coaches that Gase hand picked with Burke being the worst of the lot. We now have an entirely new coaching staff. Time will tell if Flores is better at picking his assistants. He can't do worse than Gase.

In order to have a full blown rebuild, you've got to eliminate bad contracts & accumulate draft picks. T-Baum had us in salary cap hell ever since the Suh signing. In 8 short months, the new regime has eliminated every bad contract except for Reshad & Kiko. The damage T-Baum did over the past 5 years was mostly wiped out in 8 short months. That's remarkable in my book.

I've been following this team since 71. They've never come remotely close to having as much draft pick fire power as they now hold. What they do with it remains to be seen. Shortly after the rebuild was announced last winter, Grier & Flores started bringing in guys with great track records like Marvin Allen, Reggie McKenzie & Jim Caldwell. That's something the last x-number of regimes have failed to do. Winners surround themselves with winners & Flores/Grier have surrounded themselves with winners. That gives me much hope for the future of this once proud franchise.

Epic tank. I give it a 9.5/10

The Dolphins have never been in this good of a position to build a contender. Not sure anybody has ever been in this position. Miami’s future is whatever it wants it to be now.

Team is getting an enema along with its intestines completely roughaged.

Just have to hit big on all those early round picks over the next few years. But even if not - it’s the right way to go about it.

Miami is the fleet footed crook now instead of constantly getting their purse snatched.

They took this team to the absolute basement - where in the past we were building off the 5th floor

They took this team to the absolute basement - where in the past we were building off the 5th floor

Yep & we've remained on the 5th floor for the past 2 decades. Insanity is doing the same thing over & over expecting different results. Some fans may not like it, but we're definitely not doing things like they've been done for the past 2 decades.

Back
Top Bottom