Rate the Tank | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rate the Tank

NBP81

Its what you know for sure... that just aint so...
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Im going to start this off with an apology, I've been going out of my way to try and convince anyone who would listen that there was no direction whatsoever with this team. Going after Clowney was such an idiodic idea in my opinion that I couldnt settle in and view the forest from the trees, or whatever the expression is.

Turns out the Fins werent after Clowney, it was Houston that were after Tunsil, and oh boy did they pay up!

That being said, draft data and trades being made prior is kind of messy. I cant figure out if any one team ever put themselves in a better situation than what the Fins have done this offseason. So I was kind of hoping I could lean on you guys memories and knowledge to give somewhat of an anwser...

While the Colts did put themselves in position for Luck, they didnt have that kind of ammo to surround him afterwards. The Browns come to mind but... they sort of tanked for 20 years before getting it right.... I ask you fellow Fins fans, was there ever a more glorious tank?

Looks pretty good so far. I'd give it a 4/5. I'm deducting half a point for keeping on the same GM who ran it into the ground in the first place, and half a point for the very disappointing decision to name Fitzpatrick the starter. Perhaps I'm being a little bit harsh on the team in light of this excellent trade today, but I am indeed really disappointed by the decision not to put Rosen in there as the starter. Let the kid play.

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to inform you that this team is trying to make the playoffs in 2019, though.

I trust the Process. Grier makes Sam Hinkie look like an amateur.

I rate it A+

Last edited:
Cowboys the year Jimmy Johnson took over when he traded Herschel Walker to the Vikings for a kings ransom. That plethora of picks built the Cowboys into a dynasty.

But we don't have Jimmy Johnson making the picks here.

Looks pretty good so far. I'd give it a 4/5. I'm deducting half a point for keeping on the same GM who ran it into the ground in the first place, and half a point for the very disappointing decision to name Fitzpatrick the starter. Perhaps I'm being a little bit harsh on the team in light of this excellent trade today, but I am indeed really disappointed by the decision not to put Rosen in there as the starter. Let the kid play.

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to inform you that this team is trying to make the playoffs in 2019, though.
well yeah, bases loaded bottom of the 9th... Grier isnt the guy I want at the plate... It is what it is...

Grier has done nothing but lift the franchise up since he's been in command
which certifiably happened post 2018 season (firing TBum and Gase the Fake).

Any shots at Grier prior to that date are either uninformed or agenda driven
IMO -- based on the prevailing facts that we all knew -- TBum and Gase superseded
the authority of Grier.

So Grier is handed the lordship and... Soon after, as a franchise, with Ross on board,
we're (suddenly no longer in show biz but) now serious about building a winning. sustainable
program.

What happens next? Brian Flores and his staff take over. Even the most jaded loser Dolphins
fans are impressed by the coaching composition he soon assembles. In addition Grier remakes
the personnel department and brings in PROVEN commodities like Marvin Allen and McKenzie.

Beyond that we have, by pretty much every measure, a very solid draft and land Rosen for
an R2 that we actually just time deferred 1 year.

Flash forward and by all measures we just had the best looking preseason since probably
the Shula years -- in terms of the TEAM looking fundamentally sound and playing inspired
team ball. I often wondered (shockingly) WHY we looked like the better prepared/coached
team? And then we're getting all this production from UDFAs and dudes from Canada and

LORD does any of this remotely resemble anything the punk Ireland could have assembled?
I do remember him and Ross chasing Hairball out in San Fran and then the Sparano implosion
followed by [whats his name]? oh yeah the brilliant Philbin and...

Cut the CRAP!

Last edited:
Cowboys the year Jimmy Johnson took over when he traded Herschel Walker to the Vikings for a kings ransom. That plethora of picks built the Cowboys into a dynasty.

But we don't have Jimmy Johnson making the picks here.

He lives in the Keys. Can Ross just sign him up as GM for 2 years? Heck... just run the draft. Ya, he might draft a John Avery every once in awhile, but at least you'll get a JT, ZT or Madison/Surtain in the process.

He lives in the Keys. Can Ross just sign him up as GM for 2 years? Heck... just run the draft. Ya, he might draft a John Avery every once in awhile, but at least you'll get a JT, ZT or Madison/Surtain in the process.
He built a defense that carried Wannstedt for years. Wannstedt was so freakin bad. That's possibly two Hall of Fame players there in JT and ZT and two of the best CBs to ever play in Miami.

It’s getting to Indianapolis Colt tank levels.
We're worse than that by a long shot. Indy won 10 games the year before with Peyton. With Curtis Painter running the same team they won 2 games. They drafted Luck and made the playoffs the next year. The talent was there they just needed the QB.

Dolphins are more than a QB away from competing.

We're worse than that by a long shot. Indy won 10 games the year before with Peyton. With Curtis Painter running the same team they won 2 games. They drafted Luck and made the playoffs the next year. The talent was there they just needed the QB.

Dolphins are more than a QB away from competing.
Thought we were rating the tank job? Maybe I’m confused.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom