Rate the Tank | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rate the Tank

Im not sure why people are even calling this a tank...this is what a miami dolphin roster looks like every year for the most part so if this is a tank the dolphins have been attempting a tank for at least 12 years...

i mean brian hartline was the #1 receiver at one point
Yah this is not a tank lol

I think building a solid roster is almost half the battle when looking for a good QB, not sure by how much, but I really believe the situation these rookie QBs get dropped in matters a whole lot more than we think... Let me ask this guy...

How much does the situation a rookie QB inherits affect his chance to be a successful NFL QB in your opinion?

I just believe it’s everything. Nothing is more important.

Bad organizations tend to look for some highly drafted rookie QB to come in and “save” them. Good organizations provide an environment for young quarterbacks to be successful.

I just believe it’s everything. Nothing is more important.

Bad organizations tend to look for some highly drafted rookie QB to come in and “save” them. Good organizations provide an environment for young quarterbacks to be successful.
I think that somewhat explains the high bust rate for top 10 drafted QBs... They constantly get drafted by the worst teams...

So, nearest comparison is the Browns

2015 Browns had a 1 1 2 3 3.
2016 1 2 3 3 3
2017 1 1 1 2 3
2018 1 1 2 2 3

That’s 8 1’s 6 2’s and 7 3’s in a 5 year period. They got some great players with many of those picks. What I would say, is they didn’t get their Franchise QB until 2018, so maybe our rebuild will only take 2 or 3 years instead of 5?

Here’s where we are so far:

Dolphins 2020 1 1 2 2 3 3
Dolphins 2021 1 1 2 2 3

So that’s pretty impressive and we have Rosen on the roster right now whom if he doesn’t get killed behind this line will be in a nice position to compete with whomever we draft at the top of 2020. We will likely not have to trade for our QB, and we have quite a bit of ammunition to fill tons of holes on the roster, not to mention plenty of cap space for free agents.

The Browns are the best example, but I'd say only the 17 and 18 drafts are relevant here. 2015 and 2016 Browns drafts were abysmal and I have a bit more faith in this front office than the 2015-2016 Browns. Even the two drafts that helped the Browns build their team were far from perfect.

Browns had 3 first rounders in 17 (1, 25, 29) and a second (52). We have 2 firsts and 2 seconds in 2020, which is going to be pretty close. Browns had 2 first rounders and 2 seconds in 2018, just like the 2021 Dolphins.

1- Myles Garrett (impossible to miss)
25 - Jabrill Peppers (gone)
29 - David Njoku (nice pick)
52- DeShone Kizer (bomb)

1- Baker Mayfield (impossible to miss)
4- Denzel Ward (nice pick)
33- Austin Corbett (might not make the team)
35 - Nick Chub (nice pick)

It's not like the Browns "killed" these drafts. We're pretty much guaranteed one of the top picks in this upcoming draft and likely a very high pick in 2021. Taking the two high probability 1st overall picks out of the equation, Cleveland went about 50%. The rest was built in Free Agency and ballsy trades. I am pretty sure Grier could handle that, especially if it starts off with the Dolphins having the 2020 #1 pick and select Tua.

10/10 tank if they get the first pick next year.

Last edited:
This guy believes it has a huge impact.

The guy played the game like he lacked a brain in college. Big time arm 10 cent brain. Nothing between the ears.

I don’t know how the patriots can flip that switch like that. It’s crazy.

Im puzzled. How is getting the best QB and DE in the same draft foolish?
You would have to give up too much to get a defensive end if you use your first pick to draft a QB. This team is not in a position to be foolishly throwing away draft picks on any other position player besides QB if that is necessary. Otherwise you use the plethora of draft picks you have to fill your totally depleted roster.

You would have to give up too much to get a defensive end if you use your first pick to draft a QB. This team is not in a position to be foolishly throwing away draft picks on any other position player besides QB if that is necessary. Otherwise you use the plethora of draft picks you have to fill your totally depleted roster.
We do have two 1st, and 11 more picks...there is no way a team can draft 13 players. Trade ups next draft is inevitable.

We do have two 1st, and 11 more picks...there is no way a team can draft 13 players. Trade ups next draft is inevitable.
What are you talking about? Why can't a team draft 13 players. Teams draft in the double digits all the time and then they sign a ton of undrafted free agents after the draft. When you have a roster as bad as Miami has now, you need to have as many swings at the plate as possible in hope of finding as many guys as you can that are better than the replacement level talent that litters this roster right now.

What are you talking about? Why can't a team draft 13 players. Teams draft in the double digits all the time and then they sign a ton of undrafted free agents after the draft. When you have a roster as bad as Miami has now, you need to have as many swings at the plate as possible in hope of finding as many guys as you can that are better than the replacement level talent that litters this roster right now.
Teams don't draft that many players. If you have over 10 picks you move up for better tier talent or trade out. That is drafting 101

With this thorough of a tear down process, I’m guessing Flores received assurance that he’d survive a 0-16 season?

Teams don't draft that many players. If you have over 10 picks you move up for better tier talent or trade out. That is drafting 101
A good franchise would not blow any of their highly valued assets (picks in the first four rounds) to chase position player talent. QB's are a different story, but chasing talent at other positions in the early rounds is a losing proposition in my opinion.

A good franchise would not blow any of their highly valued assets (picks in the first four rounds) to chase position player talent. QB's are a different story, but chasing talent at other positions in the early rounds is a losing proposition in my opinion.
I appreciate that. But I feel in every draft 1 - 15 is elite. Then there's a drop off. So if we suck and have the #1 grab tua. Then with Houston 1 trade what you have to from the remaining 13 to grab young. Getting two elites then use the remaining 6 picks to bolster Oline. If you can grab two elites in the top 10, I take that every day all day.

Back
Top Bottom