Rate the Tank | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rate the Tank

With this thorough of a tear down process, I’m guessing Flores received assurance that he’d survive a 0-16 season?

Ross gave Flores a 5 year contract; which is rare for a 1st time head coach. Ross has made many errors over the years, but it was smart of him to give Flores a long leash knowing that 2019 was going to be a year short on wins.

The 1972 version of Don Shula couldn't have a winning record with this roster & he's the king!

Funny guy. You inferring anything by "family" BTW.

Beyond that, of course he's not beyond crit.

But I'm just saying he's not beneath praise either!

The balance of your post (in terms of inter-contradiction)

supports my basic supposition.

I'm just evaluating Mister Grier since it's been

unequivocally clear he's 100% THE MAN.

You have an issue with that?

Please feel free to elaborate.

My concern is Grier and Flores.
Flores playing jaz
Funny guy. You inferring anything by "family" BTW.

Beyond that, of course he's not beyond crit.

But I'm just saying he's not beneath praise either!

The balance of your post (in terms of inter-contradiction)

supports my basic supposition.

I'm just evaluating Mister Grier since it's been

unequivocally clear he's 100% THE MAN.

You have an issue with that?

Please feel free to elaborate.
my concern with Grier. Let me try to explain in some detail.
Grier really botched the 2017 draft. I know he wasn’t the man as you say but he did make final calls and set the draft board. He said the draft was his thing.
I also feel like he has been a part of the problem since he has been with this organization so long and we obviously have not been very good. I have concerns from stuff I read in the vip forums about our front office the last few years. Grades on certain players and such. Our current gm was part of that front office. We are not allowed to talk specifics about info that chambers provides in vip but I read a few things that didn’t sit well with me.

As far as his decisions when he was fully in control since January 2019
I like our first pick. I don’t know why we traded for rosen if we were not going to give our qbs a decent line . So now I think we shoulda just drafted another o lineman in that round. Not cause I don’t like rosen. But they are setting him up for failure.
I really don’t like how our gm handled the oline in the off-season. I liked letting james go but they should have signed another guard that was better then reed. There were a few available but they were worried about comp picks.
I didn’t really care for the draft except for our first rounder.
This recent trade is another question mark.
The picks will be low in first and second round. One or two of them we will have to use on a left tackle now.

I do like Allen and McKenzie in our front office. They have experience and quality resume.

I have a lot of concerns about Flores.
So maybe it’s the combo not just Grier.
I don’t like how Flores handles still with the jay z music.
I think he botched the qb competition.
I like what he will do with the defense.
I think he is exactly like gase in terms of using drake. Gase got killed for they but Flores handed the job to ballage.
I just don’t like the how obvious they been about not competing. It could turn into a year where he loses the locker room. Cam Cameron thought he could trade guys and not win. Eventually he lost the locker room. I don’t think it will happen but 1 win seasons are very dangerous for building the right culture.
Let me know if you agree with any of those thoughts or disagree. I like some different insight.

I have a lot of concerns about Flores.
I don’t like how Flores handles still with the jay z music.
One at a time, just my opinion...
If Stills was so thin skinned that a few tunes bothered him, then he doesn't need to be on this team in the 1st place. That's not even taking into consideration his social justice crap, calling out his owner & making 9M per year when he's not worth it. Stills has talent, but he & his baggage are addition by subtraction.

I think he botched the qb competition.
You could be correct. I'd rather have Fitz face the tough early schedule with a piecemeal O-line. Rosen will get his shot.

I like what he will do with the defense.
Me too. I love that he stresses versatility in his players & love that he's making Baker the QB of this defense. I believe Baker is a star in the making.

I think he is exactly like gase in terms of using drake. Gase got killed for they but Flores handed the job to ballage.

Drake has been injured a lot in pre-season. I'm not sure he's in the long term plans being in the walk year of his contract plus the fact that we have several good looking RB's. That may end up being an error on Flores part. Time will tell.

I just don’t like the how obvious they been about not competing. It could turn into a year where he loses the locker room. Cam Cameron thought he could trade guys and not win. Eventually he lost the locker room. I don’t think it will
happen but 1 win seasons are very dangerous for building the right culture.

How else were they supposed to handle it? Turn down 3 high picks for Tunsil & Stills? Continue overpaying Stills, Kiko, Quinn, etc? I think they've handled this tear down beautifully. As far as the locker room, nearly half of the roster are just happy to be in the NFL. They're focusing on 1 thing...keeping their jobs. Many of the other half of the roster will be gone when all of the next draftees & FA's begin coming in next spring. I have no worries about Flores controlling the locker room.

There is no Tank. Flores said so.:up:

lol! he sould've just said no comment... Sports talk radio never talks about the Fins up here, litterally never... This morning there was a full 10 minutes segment making fun of that quote...

At this point if we try to tank any harder we might actually face disciplinary action from the league. We already fielded a team comparable to a FBS roster, I’m not sure how you one up that without openly giving up.

Ok so say we get the number 1 pick and draft Tua. There isn’t enough picks to replace the talent.Will they actually spend on free agents? Because you need a whole offensive line plus depth 2 pass rushers a safety a corner linebackers. I remember Flores saying he’d rather have a cheap free agent than one with a big contract and it’s going to take a big contract for a good player to come to this mess. you can’t draft Tua and let him get killed

Ok so say we get the number 1 pick and draft Tua. There isn’t enough picks to replace the talent.Will they actually spend on free agents? Because you need a whole offensive line plus depth 2 pass rushers a safety a corner linebackers. I remember Flores saying he’d rather have a cheap free agent than one with a big contract and it’s going to take a big contract for a good player to come to this mess. you can’t draft Tua and let him get killed
My priority next offseason would be to get the QB and build him the best OL picks and money can buy

You can't build a team in one year.

Back
Top Bottom