Rate the Tank | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rate the Tank

Playoffs or Bust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Steamroll the tank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:victory:victory

Even with the Tunsil trade this team needs fast influx of talent just about everywhere.

Plan A - Has to be to moving Tua for draft picks - (3-1st and a 2nd) moving a great prospect gets you get compensation and that exactly what the Dolphins need, we don't just need a QB we need 5 or 6 high level rookies coming in each year in 2020 and 2021 plus. Minimum FA spending in 2020 another year of sucking to get another top 5 pick and building a team - we need 10-12 top level rookies to build a team around - CB, DE, LT, RT, LB, QB, RB, FS, SS that's a rebuild.

Plan B - take Tua and go from there building will be slower and harder - Tua will win you games and we won't be drafting as high.

Plan C - we don't have the 1st pick in 2020 and everything gets much harder to do.

Even with the Tunsil trade this team needs fast influx of talent just about everywhere.

Plan A - Has to be to moving Tua for draft picks - (3-1st and a 2nd) moving a great prospect gets you get compensation and that exactly what the Dolphins need, we don't just need a QB we need 5 or 6 high level rookies coming in each year in 2020 and 2021 plus. Minimum FA spending in 2020 another year of sucking to get another top 5 pick and building a team - we need 10-12 top level rookies to build a team around - CB, DE, LT, RT, LB, QB, RB, FS, SS that's a rebuild.

Plan B - take Tua and go from there building will be slower and harder - Tua will win you games and we won't be drafting as high.

Plan C - we don't have the 1st pick in 2020 and everything gets much harder to do.

I would go with plan A due to all of the holes that we have. Plus, I enjoy watching another team bet their future on a QB like Washington did in RGIII lol.

Take Tua.

Build around him.

Win games.

It's the simplest of things to do yet fans wanna push off picking a qb for more picks you may have to package up to get another qb.

If we were ready for Tua he would be great QB for us, were just not ready...If the Baltimore game didn't tell you how far off we are then nothing will.

Baltimore walked us and didn't even break a sweat, they coasted to 59-10 victory, we didn't pressure there QB at all he went untouched and unbothered and he didn't even need to break out that 4.3 speed he has got, we got 0 pressure on him and they knocked are QB into the dirt more times then I can count, Fitzpatrick took a hard beating then we sent Rosen in and I was so feed up by that time I wasn't really watching. How you guy's think that Tua and 10 draft picks which 7 or 8 are out of the zone for anything really good then spend 100 mil buying whatever your hands on ( which is exactly what we don't want to do - because it never works for anyone)

How you don't see that selling Tua is really the only good option we have, we screw up the 2020 draft and we get the 1st pick in 2021 we may need to sell him to.

The only way to really have a good shot at fixing this team is by having at least 4-5 very high picks like top 15-20 and another 6 or so in the sweet zone every draft has and to get lucky with 8 or 10 more in a 2 year period that allows us to build a solid core of football players - this is team building 101

The only way to do it is to land Tua them move him to hopefully atop 12 team and get at minimum 3 1st round picks for him.

The only problem we have after the sell is picking the right players and finding a different QB if Rosen doesn't make the cut.

Im going to start this off with an apology, I've been going out of my way to try and convince anyone who would listen that there was no direction whatsoever with this team. Going after Clowney was such an idiodic idea in my opinion that I couldnt settle in and view the forest from the trees, or whatever the expression is.

Turns out the Fins werent after Clowney, it was Houston that were after Tunsil, and oh boy did they pay up!

That being said, draft data and trades being made prior is kind of messy. I cant figure out if any one team ever put themselves in a better situation than what the Fins have done this offseason. So I was kind of hoping I could lean on you guys memories and knowledge to give somewhat of an anwser...

While the Colts did put themselves in position for Luck, they didnt have that kind of ammo to surround him afterwards. The Browns come to mind but... they sort of tanked for 20 years before getting it right.... I ask you fellow Fins fans, was there ever a more glorious tank?

Not sure it was a tank but the 1 and 15 cowboys come to mind...however we don’t have JJ picking in the draft or signing free agents...

If we were ready for Tua he would be great QB for us, were just not ready...If the Baltimore game didn't tell you how far off we are then nothing will.

Baltimore walked us and didn't even break a sweat, they coasted to 59-10 victory, we didn't pressure there QB at all he went untouched and unbothered and he didn't even need to break out that 4.3 speed he has got, we got 0 pressure on him and they knocked are QB into the dirt more times then I can count, Fitzpatrick took a hard beating then we sent Rosen in and I was so feed up by that time I wasn't really watching. How you guy's think that Tua and 10 draft picks which 7 or 8 are out of the zone for anything really good then spend 100 mil buying whatever your hands on ( which is exactly what we don't want to do - because it never works for anyone)

How you don't see that selling Tua is really the only good option we have, we screw up the 2020 draft and we get the 1st pick in 2021 we may need to sell him to.

The only way to really have a good shot at fixing this team is by having at least 4-5 very high picks like top 15-20 and another 6 or so in the sweet zone every draft has and to get lucky with 8 or 10 more in a 2 year period that allows us to build a solid core of football players - this is team building 101

The only way to do it is to land Tua them move him to hopefully atop 12 team and get at minimum 3 1st round picks for him.

The only problem we have after the sell is picking the right players and finding a different QB if Rosen doesn't make the cut.
Your looking at it in a messed up all around with no plan kind of way IMO.

Do you think its possible at all to at least get a good QB and fix an adequate OL with 2x 1st round picks, 2x 2nd round picks and 2x 3rd round picks plus a 140M under the cap?

I dont think Im being unreeasonable here, they should even have some leftover for a couple of DE's and a CB if they play their cards right but thats just icing on the cake.

If they get a truly good QB and give him an OL... This fuels the entire team. It puts points on the board and makes the D's life easier, the lkess snaps they play trailing the easier life gets for them.

If all they did was get a QB and fix the OL in the 2020 off-season, it'd be a huge win considering they would still most probably roll cap space over and still have a ton of picks to truly fix the defense and add skill players to the offense in 2021...

If all they did was get a QB and fix the OL in the 2020 off-season, then you'd get 59-48 scores instead of 59-10 scores... Much better if you ask me, especially considering the assets they'd have in the 2021 draft...

All they need to fix right now is QB and OL... They just need to focus and remain on schedule...

Back
Top Bottom