Ray Green Currently Ahead Of Fletcher... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ray Green Currently Ahead Of Fletcher...

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I just want to pass along that as of RIGHT NOW...... S RAY GREEN is ahead of CB JAMAR FLETCHER....in the battle of the third corner race.

Now...don't go pencil in RAY GREEN just yet.....but as far as who wowed the coaches at these past mini-camps......at the top of the list....was RAY GREEN.

Its not that FLETCHER is playing poorly either.....its just that GREEN will be in with the first team defense.....just as FLETCHER will be also...when the pads come on.

Like I said.....RAY GREEN has literally been the surprise of camp....and has catapulted himself into the DOlphins nickel defensive schemes.

When we were up sitting in the stands.....everyone up there was talking about.....how it was GREEN.....and NOT FLETCHER....playing with the first team defense.

Fletcher has not in any way been a disapointment either....he has had a good off-season...and has pleased the coaching staff. Its just the way RAY GREEN has played in practice......he has been the most talked about player thus far....this side of RICKY WILLIAMS.

This is going to be an interesting battle....GREEN and FLETCHER.....like I said...its early.....but all the talk right now---is on RAY GREEN....and how the Dolphins feel that this guy is the real deal.....and a real steal.

I ask you guys......What is the background of RAY GREEN? And would you be surprised if he is the opening day third corner? And what do we do with FLETCHER next season....if GREEN does beat him out....a la TERRY COUSIN did last season?

DCH

Mean Ray Green was a mainstay of the Steel Curtain for the Pittsb..................., uh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,oh, wait.....................

I don't know.

It's MAY, fellas. If Ray is still around in August, let's talk. Fletcher will be.

Remember Ben Kelly.
He was the talk and surprise of training camp and then, poop, he was cut.
This is a great story on Green, and I hope he does turn out to be a player, but it is WAY TOO SOON to be penciling him into anything right now.

Kelly got hammered, got in his truck & smashed into a police cruiser...I think that had more to do with him getting cut that talent.

Originally posted by BigDoug
Kelly got hammered, got in his truck & smashed into a police cruiser...I think that had more to do with him getting cut that talent.

His attitude also had a lot to do with it.

As for Ray Green, we'll see what happens in July and August.

no matter what happens, it still looks pretty bad if a #1 pick cannot be out FAs like Cousins and Green 2 years in a row. I still cannot believe Fletcher will be a bust - you just do not win the awards he won in college and have no talent and he seems to have the desire :confused:

39 gonna have to give fletch some time look at the rest of the db we have most came into there own in year 2 and dch did not say he was doing it he said green has wowwwing the coaches and fletch has held his own

Originally posted by skippysphins
39 gonna have to give fletch some time look at the rest of the db we have most came into there own in year 2 and dch did not say he was doing it he said green has wowwwing the coaches and fletch has held his own
he certainly needs to step it up this year. My point was that a Thorpe winner should be able to easily beat out a (undrafted) FA like Green.

Originally posted by dolphan39
he certainly needs to step it up this year. My point was that a Thorpe winner should be able to easily beat out a (undrafted) FA like Green.

You`re right 39. Something is wrong with that picture, but I would like to see green be that diamond in the rough. Man, talk about depth CB!

Green has great size, too - which is a perfect attribute of a dime back. Hey I like Ray - see Avatar ;)

Ray Green was the starting strong safety at South Carolina alongside Arturo Freeman. Had these two been coached by Lou Holtz for more than one year, they would have been All-Americans.

If Green keeps playing the way he has been playing, then I think we might ought to think about him eventually replacing Brock Marion at free safety.

Don't dismiss a guy like this coming on. Remember, Brian Walker was an undrafted free agent that came on to start some as a rookie with Washington. He got cut, signed with Miami, and played really well.

Fletcher will have a huge season

As a Wisconsin alum, I can tell you that Fletcher was a better player than Troy Vincent. He had 21 interceptions in 3 seasons and, despite his size, had no problems shutting down big receivers like Plaxico Burress. He was also a dazzling return man (as was Vincent, who the Dolphins also never gave a long look to on special teams....). If Fletcher were an inch or two taller, he'd have received the same hype as guys like Champ Bailey and Quentin Jammer.

Fletcher got off to a slow start last season because of an injury, but all reports indicate that he is in great shape and anxious to make an impact. He's talented, smart and hungry. Not only do I think he'll be our nickel back this season, but I think he'll emerge as one of the best in the league.

Back
Top Bottom