Ray Lewis Says Minkah Is The Best Player In The Draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ray Lewis Says Minkah Is The Best Player In The Draft

I had Fitzpatrick as a top 5 guy, only behind Bradley Chubb, Quenton Nelson, Baker Mayfield, and Saquon Barkley. He could become a Hall of Fame player and our version of Ed Reed lite.

Doesn’t have to be lite necessarily...this dudes only the third player to win the Jim Thorpe and Chuck Bendarik award same year....the other two were Woodson and Peterson.

Doesn’t have to be lite necessarily...this dudes only the third player to win the Jim Thorpe and Chuck Bendarik award same year....the other two were Woodson and Peterson.
Let's hope you're right! Ed Reed had a ton of INT's ... I would be ecstatic if Fitzpatrick's Dolphins career had that many INT's!

Honestly?

I think the majority of the time he will back up Reshad at SS.

If they figure out some 3 safety packages to utilize him on the field with Reshad and Minkah, great, (or even trying him at LB) but that remains to be seen.
I was being serious as they seem to like him so much they gave him a big extension. Now not sure what they do w the guy.

I was being serious as they seem to like him so much they gave him a big extension. Now not sure what they do w the guy.

They did (and do) really like him.

However, the vision they had for him and Reshad (that prompted them to extend him in training camp last year) never really came together when TJ came off his 8 game suspension (per Adam Gase).

Now they will try to figure out ways to utilize him.

I'm extremely glad they realized we needed a stud FS to pair with Reshad, and did not allow the TJ extension to deter them from taking Minkah (which would have compounded the problem).

So kudos to them.

(I knew you were serious. The "honestly" was me indicating I was going to be frank, even though probably an unpopular opinion)

Honestly?

I think the majority of the time he will back up Reshad at SS.

If they figure out some 3 safety packages to utilize him on the field with Reshad and Minkah, great, (or even trying him at LB) but that remains to be seen.

I'm pretty sure Burke wanted to and loves using 3-safety packages, but didn't really have the chance last year.

I think you can do a lot with it, including some exotic and fast blitzes that the OL doesn't really have a chance to react to.

I've never been a fan of corner blitzes, but I love me some safety blitzes. Nothing has been more infuriating than watching Kiko blitz. Actually, watching him in general is pretty crappy. One of the upsides of Jerome Baker is his ability to blitz and time it where he sneaks through gaps in blocking.

I personally think Miami might try some big nickel where Jerome lines up over the slot or out in space, not necessarily near the OL.

We'll get to see how creative Burke is. Even without Suh, I think the defense can be drastically improved. I just hope our DTs can stay healthy

Reshad Jones and Minkah Fitzpatrick should give us the best safety tandem in the NFL in the next season or two.

Let's be realistic. Rashad Jones is a shell of himself after that injury and that big payday.
I would put the Eagles, Falcons, Chiefs for best safety tandem.

Let's be realistic. Rashad Jones is a shell of himself after that injury and that big payday.
I would put the Eagles, Falcons, Chiefs for best safety tandem.

Disagree. Reshad will be another season removed from the injury, and actually able to play in tandem with a free safety (not named nate allen).

It'll be fun to watch it unfold.

Back
Top Bottom