rayfinkle5 mock: | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

rayfinkle5 mock:

rayfinkle5

Starter
Reaction score
Draft projections are still young so please take with a grain of salt. I put this list together for myself and figured since I put in the time I would share with the group. Enjoy and comment...

1 (25) Michael Johnson DE/OLB, Georgia Tech Height: 6-7 Weight: 260
Drink all the Hatorade you want, Johnson has menacing size and endless potential. Although currently considered a high second round selection, his combine performance is sure to move him back into the first round. Parcells has a fondness for pass rushing OLB's and is said to be on the hunt for the next DeMarcus Ware. Cameron Wake was a fine addition but Michael Johnson will not be passed up.

2a (44) Duke Robinson OG, Oklahoma Height: 6-5 Weight: 335
Tremendous size and proven ability. Paired with J. Long the left side of the OL will be taken care of for years. This pick also provides Miami with depth and creates a competition at right guard between returning linemen.

2b (56) Louis Delmas FS, Western Michigan Height: 5-10 Weight: 197
Very tough and physical playmaker. Excellent in coverage and willing to sacrifice his body to defend the run. Plays bigger than his size would indicate. Proved at the Senior Bowl he is one of the top FS prospects in the draft. Ready to start day 1.

3 (87) Eric Wood C, Louisville Height: 6-4 Weight: 304
Miami is on a mission to get bigger at center. Wood is two inches taller and already 5-10 pounds heavier than Satele. He was very durable and started 49 consecutive games at Louisville.

4 (122) Jason Phillips ILB, TCU Height: 6-1 Weight: 236
Possible replacement if Crowder is not resigned. Phillips was a four year starter and is a coaches son. He is very smart and physical. He has decent size and better than average speed.

5 (153) Sammie Lee Hill DT, Stillman Height: 6-4 Weight: 331
Very raw talent but has size that projects well as a 3-4 NT. Ferguson continues to start while SLH gets coached up by the Miami staff to eventually replace Ferguson.

7a (196) Brooks Foster WR, North Carolina Height: 6-1 Weight: 204
Fine combination of size and speed but durability concerns affect his draft stock. Prior to injury (right knee), he was considered a rare and elite athlete. Adds size to Miami's smaller receiving corps.

7b (215) Ellis Lankster CB, West Virginia Height: 5-9 Weight: 191
Solid cover corner and decent tackler. Integral part of a solid college defense.

7c (220) Brannan Southerland FB, Georgia Height 6-0 Weight: 247
In seven starts at fullback rushed for 8 TD's and caught 2. Good enough size and speed to be a contributor on special teams.

johnson will be a good 4-3 end imho but i don't see him being a good tweener linebacker hes a little to tall to be playing olb in a 3-4 hes going to be a monster on special teams.. you know hes blocking some field goals next year

Back
Top Bottom