RB and Center...2022? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RB and Center...2022?

Smitten2021

Active Roster
Reaction score
These are the positions that touch the ball almost as much as the QB. They’re critical in terms of creating chemistry on the offense and with the QB. Maybe I’m just old fashioned...

I felt like we missed out on amazing talent the year befor at these positions but this year I feel like we missed out in all pros...elite talent at center I haven’t seen since the Pounceys. And the RBs were really strong...

I can’t wait for Slimms rankings. What does 2022 hold? I look at some websites and these names don’t pop out at me at all...it looks like 2022 is a terribly weak draft in virtually all positions...but especially RB and center.

These are the positions that touch the ball almost as much as the QB. They’re critical in terms of creating chemistry on the offense and with the QB. Maybe I’m just old fashioned...

I felt like we missed out on amazing talent the year befor at these positions but this year I feel like we missed out in all pros...elite talent at center I haven’t seen since the Pounceys. And the RBs were really strong...

I can’t wait for Slimms rankings. What does 2022 hold? I look at some websites and these names don’t pop out at me at all...it looks like 2022 is a terribly weak draft in virtually all positions...but especially RB and center.

Yeah, they must really love Hunter Long. Humphrey fell to 63 which is good value for someone who could anchor your line for a long time. Even more than Meinerz I think Robert Hainsey would have been perfect for what we are trying to build.

Breece Hall and James Cook are 2 good RBs

I think that it is much too early to worry about Center and/or RB in next year's draft. Let's see what we've got in-house first.

If Doaks wins the job, we're set. If Gaskin turns into a monster with better blocking, we're set. If Skura is 100% back from his devastating knee injury, and we can resign him, we may be set.

One area that where we'll almost certainly be looking is linebacker and edge... you can never have enough there. Corner and WR will be on the table as well as Parker/Jones/Howard will be one year closer to leaving.

We'll NEVER be done.

I think that it is much too early to worry about Center and/or RB in next year's draft. Let's see what we've got in-house first.

If Doaks wins the job, we're set. If Gaskin turns into a monster with better blocking, we're set. If Skura is 100% back from his devastating knee injury, and we can resign him, we may be set.

One area that where we'll almost certainly be looking is linebacker and edge... you can never have enough there. Corner and WR will be on the table as well as Parker/Jones/Howard will be one year closer to leaving.

We'll NEVER be done.

Only 364 days to go.

It makes sense then to go with RB and OC veterans who are experienced, this season, while we break in the young QB. I bet we'll sign another vet RB who knows how the passing game works. Imagine having a new QB taking snaps and line calls from a rookie Center, handing off to a rookie RB... And counting on a rookie RB to pass protect for Tua...

Sounds like a cluster*** to me.

Patience!

RW

Back
Top Bottom