RB coach Danny Barrett has been fired | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RB coach Danny Barrett has been fired

Gase was very upset with the offense and he's making changes and I can't blame him for it. This tells me the new guy from Denver is coming in for sure

Ozzy rules!!

@ckparrothead has an interesting take on this

While Ajayi and Drake certainly developed under Barrett its definatly fair to say the rbs made frustrating mistakes over the last couple of years.

Ajayi in particular seemed to freelance a lot and I detested his inability to just take the easy 3 yards when they were there for the taking.

But still... he did good work with drake this year

The guy from Denver is who Gase must have wanted all along. Plus this just makes CJ Anderson more attainable.

I don't know about this. We've had 2 RBs develop from zero to Ajayi and Drake. I'd say the guy was pretty good, somethings going on.

The Miami Dolphins continue to make changes to the their coaching staff, particularly on offense, as running back coach Danny Barrett has been fired, a league source told The Miami Herald Thursday night.

In a move that is quite likely related, the team expects to soon interview former Denver Broncos running backs coach Eric Studesville, The Herald has confirmed. The Sporting News first to reported Miami’s interest in Studesville.

Studesville’s availabilty is what moved Dolphins coach Adam Gase to consider releasing Barrett because he wants a coach that could upgrade the staff. The Dolphins finished 28th in points per game in 2016. Gase tried to hire Studesville when he was forming his first staff in 2016 but was blocked from doing so by the Broncos. In that regard, Studesville was Gase’s first choice to be his running backs coach.

http://www.miamiherald.com/latest-news/article194294969.html

I think Armando meant 2017 not 2016.

@ckparrothead has an interesting take on this

While Ajayi and Drake certainly developed under Barrett its definatly fair to say the rbs made frustrating mistakes over the last couple of years.

Ajayi in particular seemed to freelance a lot and I detested his inability to just take the easy 3 yards when they were there for the taking.

But still... he did good work with drake this year

Maybe gase is more pissed about the J train than we give them credit for. Maybe he really wanted him to work out but that coach couldn't get it done.

I like that Gase is making changes, respect...just hope he doesn't forget defense.

The Miami Dolphins continue to make changes to the their coaching staff, particularly on offense, as running back coach Danny Barrett has been fired, a league source told The Miami Herald Thursday night.

In a move that is quite likely related, the team expects to soon interview former Denver Broncos running backs coach Eric Studesville, The Herald has confirmed. The Sporting News first to reported Miami’s interest in Studesville.

Studesville’s availabilty is what moved Dolphins coach Adam Gase to consider releasing Barrett because he wants a coach that could upgrade the staff. The Dolphins finished 28th in points per game in 2016. Gase tried to hire Studesville when he was forming his first staff in 2016 but was blocked from doing so by the Broncos. In that regard, Studesville was Gase’s first choice to be his running backs coach.

http://www.miamiherald.com/latest-news/article194294969.html

Quite cold to let people doing a decent job go just because you can get an upgrade. But we do it with players every year? Why not coaches?

We need all the help we can get

We made a big run at CJ but Denver matched. Maybe we can make it happen this time.

Like him or not, Gase is not playing around. You have to at least give him credit for trying to make the changes he feels will help us turn things around. Some people here have complained that he's just bringing in his friends. Well, he's letting people go so you can't complain he brings in his friends and then complain he lets them go too. That's just complaining for the sake of complaining

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom