RB coach Danny Barrett has been fired | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RB coach Danny Barrett has been fired

It's hard as a fan to really tell what's going on with position coaches, so all I can say is "I hope that the new coach is a good teacher who gets his guys doing what they're supposed to be doing."

But man, is Gase not happy with some of his staff, or is Gase not happy with some of his staff?

Great! Now sign a new DC who runs a base 3-4 with uneven fronts. Then draft Vita Vea in the first round, and our D goes from mediocre to bad to dominant.

It's hard as a fan to really tell what's going on with position coaches, so all I can say is "I hope that the new coach is a good teacher who gets his guys doing what they're supposed to be doing."

But man, is Gase not happy with some of his staff, or is Gase not happy with some of his staff?

Just imagine what he really thinks of the front office...

IMO Gases ego could be his undoing. Guys missing their assignments and penalties are a direct reflection on the coaching staff, so I understand the coaches getting canned. If these guys he is letting go are the issue that kinda means that Gase is focused more on just the playcalling and leaving the coaching of the players on the staff. Hum. Well I would certainly be looking for the best offensive line and linebacker coach in the biz if I were Gase.

I don't know about this. We've had 2 RBs develop from zero to Ajayi and Drake. I'd say the guy was pretty good, somethings going on.
There is obviously more to an NFL running back than just running with the brick in your hands. I would say the problems the head coach is having with the position is "blocking" on passing plays. Even in this simple task, there are multiple reads and assignments, not to mention taking the proper angle, etc.

I'm just saying have a little confidence in the head coach. They know what they're doing, and they see things on a daily basis, where we can only judge on Sundays.

http://www.miamiherald.com/latest-news/article194294969.html

There could be more changes coming we dont know about yet
The Dolphins have been successful this offseason in swaying coaches who had options of going elsewhere to come to Miami. Offensive line coach Jeremiah Washburn and and offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains had other offers but instead opted to join Gase.

Hope it's true that Washburn and Loggains had choices. It would mean that Gase still retains some mojo with the coaching community.

IMO Gases ego could be his undoing. Guys missing their assignments and penalties are a direct reflection on the coaching staff, so I understand the coaches getting canned. If these guys he is letting go are the issue that kinda means that Gase is focused more on just the playcalling and leaving the coaching of the players on the staff. Hum. Well I would certainly be looking for the best offensive line and linebacker coach in the biz if I were Gase.
I don't need a break I'm tired of seeing these first-time coordinators on-the-job training we need a veteran presence
Boy Do I agree, we obviously could've used Wade Phillips this year. the guy's done nothing but turn defenses around for decades now. I'm starting to believe this team DOES needs a cultural change. an excellent example of this is how Miami keeps finishing at the bottom of the league4 penalties. Back when the team was a perennial winner that was just the opposite.

He's assembling the offensive staff he wanted 2 years ago, not sure if they're better but at least the communication among them will be better.

Don Shula said the job of the HC is to TEACH (coach) the position coaches...

I do NOT believe for an instant the real problem with this team was a RB coach or another position coach.

And it definitely wasn't Clyde Christensen...

Back
Top Bottom