RB- concern | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RB- concern

I think RB should be the last piece of the puzzle. I think next years roster will be deep enough to grab an elite RB in the 1st or second round. But I’m comfortable with the group we have this year.

I wouldn't say the last piece, but definitely one of the last pieces.

My only issue is that you want to fill the roster with the best pieces.

If you're just waiting to ice the cake you might not get a worthwhile player in that class. That's why when guys have been available or close, I've thought we need to take one even if it's a couple years early.

I admit that I am not that impressed with Edmonds (he seems small)….however, I am excited about the RB group as a whole.

Michel is solid - not sure why teams keep dropping him, the kid produces.

Mostert looked awesome a few years ago - not sure if he will make it through the entire year.

White - I'd like to see him make the roster, but I doubt he will.

Gaskins - will probably be released. Love his attitude though, but might not be good enough.

Doaks - PS or released. I think he is done here.

Hopefully we will be able to run effectively this year.

I think Edmonds is the more complete back. Then Michel for tough yards with a FB helping him. Gaskin is a very good 3rd down back, maybe the best receiver of them all. And Mostert is the speed you need to keep defenses respecting the run. My guess is that Edmonds and Mostert will be playing on 1st and 2nd with Edmonds having 60% share of the carries. Michel will be used on short and end zone situations, and Gaskin will be used on 3rd and long or passing situations. I think Michel will be used more in the 4th quarter and Mostert will be managed game by game to prevent Injuries. White and Ahmed would be stashed on the PS so they can help if an injury happens.

Next year is the draft to beef load up
Sure we should draft a RB but the ones that merit first round picks are considerably more rare than those that are picked in the first round. Jonathan Taylor was probably the only one worthy in the last several drafts IMO and he was taken appropriately at the end of the first. If the second coming of Ricky Williams is sitting there sure let's grab him asap. More likely i feel like that NE 3rd we have might be where the Dolphins would look for a durable 3-down back to permit a skinnier RB room and volume elsewhere.

We have a running back room full of role players. None of them is even close to being the elite bell cow back I wish this team had. Can you imagine how much better the offense would've been last year if we drafted Jonathan Taylor instead of Noah Ibeenondabenchalot?

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if none of our current RB's make the opening day roster in 2023.
Does Taylor get to run behind Quentin Nelson here too? If so, sign me up!

Maybe you're right, but surely you are not suggesting Edmund's "chance" is behind the 32nd ranked OL, when he was last year running through holes you could put a semi through.
just general opportunity to be the feature guy.

like ekeler got after several years of being the 3rd down back (or what-not).

can't become that guy without being given the opportunity.

and if we have the 32nd ranked OL again this season i'm going on a mad rampage.

Our RB room is much improved since last season. No clear #1 but but our top 3 guys bring different skill sets. I don’t expect Mostert to make a huge impact based on his injury history but if can rekindle some of his magic that would be an added plus. I think Zaquandre White may surprise and be a key contributor.
TBH, I think the odds are against him making the opening day 53. We signed, and are paying 3 FA RBs that, barring injury, will be on the roster. We signed another guy to play Fullback. Then there are guys like Gaskin and Ahmed. They aren't all stars, but they are proven NFL roster backs. How many backs will we keep?

Obviously he could prove himself to be a superior player in TC, but probably not.

just general opportunity to be the feature guy.

like ekeler got after several years of being the 3rd down back (or what-not).

can't become that guy without being given the opportunity.

and if we have the 32nd ranked OL again this season i'm going on a mad rampage.
I hope it won't be the cheese grater and Cayenne pepper routine again.........

TBH, I think the odds are against him making the opening day 53. We signed, and are paying 3 FA RBs that, barring injury, will be on the roster. We signed another guy to play Fullback. Then there are guys like Gaskin and Ahmed. They aren't all stars, but they are proven NFL roster backs. How many backs will we keep?

Obviously he could prove himself to be a superior player in TC, but probably not.
I agree that the odds are against him b/c of Mostert, Edmonds and Michel, but IMO White's odds are probably better than Gaskin's.

if Doaks beats out Sony Michel, I will not be surprised!

you heard it here first!

I agree that the odds are against him b/c of Mostert, Edmonds and Michel, but IMO White's odds are probably better than Gaskin's.
I don't know how any of us can really make an honest, informed judgement on that. We are not at the practices, have no idea what is being asked of them, etc. If you are making a case that waiving MG saves $, that is true.

I don't know how any of us can really make an honest, informed judgement on that. We are not at the practices, have no idea what is being asked of them, etc. If you are making a case that waiving MG saves $, that is true.
We can have an opinion on talent level and fit without being at this camp. And the salary consideration is huge too. We can make an honest, informed judgement on those factors.

Back
Top Bottom