RB- concern | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RB- concern

BC Phins4Life

Future Season Ticket Holder
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I did not look into stats for our new RB's until today and with the contract we gave Edmonds I assumed he would have had way more accomplished.

Last year was his best statistically with 592 yards and a nice 5.1 average, in 2020 he had 402 passing yards.

Mostert's best year was in 2019 with 772 and a 5.6 average, best passing season was 2019 as well with 180 yards.

Those 5+ averages look great but they also had Olines that were strong or at least stronger than what we have had.

Michel has had some workhorse years with seasons of 931, 912 and 845 yards but only a 4.2 lifetime average, most passing yards he has had was last season with 128

Gaskin's most yards came last season with 612 but had his worst average with 3.5. In 2020 he added 388 in passing

I guess the hope is that Edmonds will keep seeing numbers go up and he will be a strong receiving option as well

Michel will get the hard yards and Mostert or Gaskin or ? will come in to give Edmonds breaks????????????????

I wish we had a clear number 1 RB and hope that Edmonds will be that guy....but he really hasn't ben that yet in his career.

PLEASE no repeat of Breida, Johnson etc. who all flopped in Dolphin uniforms.

They are going to spread the carries around not asking any of them to carry too much of the weight of the running game.

The fact that they are all different type backs seems to suggest there will be a lot of situational usage of the top 3 guys and we don't know who of Gaskin, Ahmed, Doaks and White will still be with the team.

Did you include the Mostert playoff yardage because that was impressive? Either way, I think we are looking at RBBC. Put those stats together--particularly in terms of YPA--and it's a huge improvement over last year.

I agree that it will really come down to the O-Line. If they produce, this offense has a real chance....The guy who is the concern is Austin Jackson. But his issues have been recognition and getting beaten off the snap in terms of technique. If the coaches can get him to understand his reads better and get his technique cleaned up off the snap, he has physical ability. But, if he is bombing, we need to look at Hunt at RT, Robert Jones, or Dietsch. You can't let him de-rail the year. Hopefully with better coaching, our O line is more cohesive.

I'm not certain if we made a healthy upgrade to the RB's from Brieda/Johnson. Our RB's performance will be largely dictated by health and how well the O-line performs. Lets hope for the best as we do have talent in the room as a group.

We have a running back room full of role players. None of them is even close to being the elite bell cow back I wish this team had. Can you imagine how much better the offense would've been last year if we drafted Jonathan Taylor instead of Noah Ibeenondabenchalot?

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if none of our current RB's make the opening day roster in 2023.

I did not look into stats for our new RB's until today and with the contract we gave Edmonds I assumed he would have had way more accomplished.

Last year was his best statistically with 592 yards and a nice 5.1 average, in 2020 he had 402 passing yards.

Mostert's best year was in 2019 with 772 and a 5.6 average, best passing season was 2019 as well with 180 yards.

Those 5+ averages look great but they also had Olines that were strong or at least stronger than what we have had.

Michel has had some workhorse years with seasons of 931, 912 and 845 yards but only a 4.2 lifetime average, most passing yards he has had was last season with 128

Gaskin's most yards came last season with 612 but had his worst average with 3.5. In 2020 he added 388 in passing

I guess the hope is that Edmonds will keep seeing numbers go up and he will be a strong receiving option as well

Michel will get the hard yards and Mostert or Gaskin or ? will come in to give Edmonds breaks????????????????

I wish we had a clear number 1 RB and hope that Edmonds will be that guy....but he really hasn't ben that yet in his career.

PLEASE no repeat of Breida, Johnson etc. who all flopped in Dolphin uniforms.
I'm with McD. He knows what he's doing.

How many modern teams have a 'clear cut' number one back and how many run committees in this age of the NFL?

Most of the one back teams that I am aware of... are not great. Indeed, when their one back is hurt, they disappear entirely.

How many modern teams have a 'clear cut' number one back and how many run committees in this age of the NFL?

Most of the one back teams that I am aware of... are not great. Indeed, when their one back is hurt, they disappear entirely.
Agreed. CMC, Henry, Cook, Ekeler, Taylor, and Najee are the only givens as one backs.

We have recruited 3 better RBs than we had last season and all have different skillsets. We have upgraded talent on the O-line and have added a legit fullback. We now have a Head Coach who has made his name in the NFL developing a running game. I don't understand the concern at RB - safe bet that we will improve (maybe significantly).

Back
Top Bottom