RB? Flo knows better. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RB? Flo knows better.

Gaskin wasn't bad.
Ahmed was solid and a speedster when healthy.
Malcom Brown brings some toughness.
Laird is a decent 3rd down back.

Grier for RBs remember he got Damien Williams,Ajayi, on our roster.

Flo and company are telling us they think Gaskins/Ahmed are better than we do. Also I think we’re banking on the fact that our OL will absolutely improve. Adding Eichenberg who’s the most pro ready RT along with AJ SK and RH going into their 2nd year and we’ve got the making of a really stout OL and I believe the staff is banking on that development. Kenny Gainwell is the 4th best back in this class to me and I love his versatility. Michael Carter I have 5th and he’s also a really good player. They’re others but those 2 still on the board for tomorrow.

I will say I was surprised by the Hunter Long pick. That’s really the only pick so far that I can really question. I’m not questioning the player bc I think Long is a very good player and the value for where we picked him is fine. I’m just puzzled at another TE when I think our TE room is one of the stronger units on the team. But I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt and I’ve seen Long quite a few times and he’s more athletic than you would think. His hand are great. Doesn’t drop many balls at all. So maybe I should say it’s an intriguing pick more so than me questioning them.

Since 2000 a Dolphins HB has gone over 1k yards in a season 8 times. Of those 8 times 3 of those seasons belong to Ricky Williams, we've had no other HB go over 1k yards more than once. It's no coincidence that our most talented HB of the past 20 years has the most seasons over 1k and the best rushing season in Dolphin history. Who was our OL when Ricky when for 1853 yards?

You’re joking me right? What happened to Ricky the very next year? He all the sudden forgot how to play RB? Ohhhh. Right. The OL the year he went off was fantastic at run blocking and then next year was awful.

Those numbers you stated tell it perfect. Our offensive line has been trash for a long time. Glad you agree.

Myles Gaskin sure as hell isn’t helping Tua. And Tua’s development matters most.

Gaskin and Brown are backups. We failed yet again to get the starter.

I just want to know why in the world another tight end is necessary. Who is going to play center? Are these running backs really good enough?

^^THIS.

My biggest problem is ignoring huge needs in favor of luxury picks at positions of relative strength.

I’d have understood selecting Kyle Pitts had he been available. But the kid they took at 81 wasn’t so damned good that luxury > need.

BPA is a nice rule of thumb. Especially when the talent difference is huge. But when the differences are small, if there’s a difference at all, need should trump all.

There’s no way Hunter Long was far and above more valuable than other available players at positions of need.

How many freaking TE‘s do they need? Seriously. They recently gave up a pick to acquire Adam Shaheen.

They did same $#/t last draft in taking Igbinoghene late 1st.

Your opinion means nothing to me. The fact your saying that running the ball doesn’t mean that much says enough.

there are very few bad RBs? Are you high? We had 2 last season

The fact that you can’t read is problematic. Where did I say running the ball doesn’t mean anything lol.

And I meant in terms of starters. Not RBs that get 10 carries over the course of a season.

The fact that you can’t read is problematic. Where did I say running the ball doesn’t mean anything lol.

And I meant in terms of starters. Not RBs that get 10 carries over the course of a season.
I read just fine. You seem so intent on proving Running the Ball isn’t vital part of the Offense or however you wanna word that. Either way I agree to disagree.

I just want to know why in the world another tight end is necessary. Who is going to play center? Are these running backs really good enough?
Did you want Pitts? Just asking...Gesicki could be gone after this year and our new TE is a beast

Back
Top Bottom