RB Kenyan Drake had a huge game against the Broncos | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RB Kenyan Drake had a huge game against the Broncos

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
  • Kenyan-Drake-Week-13-BW-768x432.jpg

• Drake was incredible producing yards beyond the scope of what his blockers created for him. 106 of his 120 yards came after contact on the day. On 26 total touches, Drake forced nine missed tackles and on his 23 carries he averaged a whopping 4.61 yards after contact per attempt. In total he produced an elusive rating of 159.5 which ranked second behind only Alvin Kamara this week.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-rb-kenyan-drake-had-a-huge-game-against-the-broncos

Last edited:
The pass blocking is impressive. Something Ajayi didn't care to do before he was traded. I don't think Drake can be a bell cow unless he puts on a lot more muscle but I do like that he runs hard every time. He has a nice jump cut and his acceleration is his biggest asset.

I actually thought Sinorice Perry ran well yesterday too, in his limited action.

106 of his 120 yards after contact? what?

hard to do when you go untouched for 42 yards

The question I have is what did Joseph do to their defense? Didn't they have a great defense last year? If Burke is following Joseph's lead then what does that say about our defensive strategy? Normally our offense sucks and really struggles. You have to be pretty damn bad to make us look so good.

broncos run d has been bad all year...they were missing talib and put a safety in the nickel slot...I'm surprised we didn't expose that more

plus that team has thrown in the towel...too much on the d qb sucking the life out of the rest of the roster...unlike us they know how to lose when they should...

von miller will get his sack per game and they will either acquire a qb with a top pick or sign a top free agent. I'd bet on the latter

broncos run d has been bad all year...they were missing talib and put a safety in the nickel slot...I'm surprised we didn't expose that more

plus that team has thrown in the towel...too much on the d qb sucking the life out of the rest of the roster...unlike us they know how to lose when they should...

von miller will get his sack per game and they will either acquire a qb with a top pick or sign a top free agent. I'd bet on the latter

Come on Hoops don't be like that. Of course everything you've posted is valid. But give the kid some props. He's shown more than some people thought he was capable of and appears to be able to do more with more touches and experience.

Denver's run d has only been bad on the road where they give up about 43 yards more than they do at home. Overall they still give up under 100 yards rushing per game.

Not to take anything away from Drake who I really like but when you take that 42 yard run away(I know you can't) he had 78 yards on the other 22 carries=3.5 ypa
Again, is not putting him down but it shows how that O-line needs a lot of help. Plenty of times he got hit at or behind the LOS

Ozzy rules!!

I'm no scout, but I thought Drake played great.

Two things I didn't agree with:

How can anyone downplay the 42 yard run? I thought it was awesome, I'm not sure he wasn't touched in the first hole where he juked a guy coming straight through, but if not he certainly was touched within about 5 yards of the line of scrimmage.

So now we take our backs best run away every game to see what they averaged? Got news for you, no back gives you straight 4 yards a carry every game. I would hesitate to guess if you took EVERY backs longest run of every game ( for maths sake, if a back ran 20 times and had a long of 20, that would take his average down a full yard) you'd have a bunch of backs averaging under 4 yards a carry.

106 after contact is impressive, at least to me, I love to watch him run, it's better than watching Cutler throw.

Take away these runs:

Lynch had a 51. So 16 for 50
Ingram had a 72 so 13 att for 13 yards otherwise lol
Fournette had a 24 so 19 att for 33 yards...

I mean it's ridiculous to throw a backs long run out, ridiculous. It shows nothing. My opinion Drake is a great number 2 in my mind. I always like my number one to be a bruiser and Drake can easily carry the load if needed.

Like I said on my post which I guess you didn't read all the way, I wasn't putting him down. I said the OLINE needs a lot of help and I said he was getting hit at or behind the LOS plenty of times. I know we can't take away his best run but I was just pointing out that our run game is still not very good and it has not being consistent all year. Hope you get what I'm saying this time

Ozzy rules!!

All these years we have been looking for a home run threat at running back and now we have one but he is being critiqued . I don't understand sometimes . I remember watching the great Barry Sanders dancing around . At times he would get short gains and sometime loss of yardage and then all of sudden he breaks one for 50 yards . Isn't that what you want in a running back . Explosiveness . Do you want a wide receiver that consistently gets 8 yards a catch but can't give you a 4o plus catch or a guy that can give you a deep one at any moment . Drake is looking better and better in all aspects of his game. His pass blocking was very noticeable and helped Cutler in a big way. Wait till they learn how to create a screen pass for #32, that's gonna be scary. Say he put's on 10 lbs of muscle on the offseason , we got a heck uv a back next year! The kid has been a blessing lately. This helps the passing game too , especially the play action.

Not to take anything away from Drake who I really like but when you take that 42 yard run away(I know you can't) he had 78 yards on the other 22 carries=3.5 ypa
Again, is not putting him down but it shows how that O-line needs a lot of help. Plenty of times he got hit at or behind the LOS

Ozzy rules!!

"I know you can't" and that should of been the end of your post.

Back
Top Bottom