RB,QB if get two 1sts. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RB,QB if get two 1sts.

Dolphins72

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I believe the best scenario is a trade down and then we can get the back we need with either 5 or 7 plus Charlie Frye (looked great and composed in pocket). 1st might be too soon for Frye but we can't wait unless we acquire a early 2nd. Without trading down we almost have to take the QB and get the best of the deep rb class available in the 3rd.(Ryan Moats)I really think Frye will be an outstanding leader and eventually gives us a passing attack where teams can't stack it up against whichever back we get. We can then concentrate on best player available the rest of the draft. Hopefully Saban has a strong feeling about our 1st choice (whether to deal out or pick) so his plan with fall into place. It should be intriging!

Why do the Dolphins have to take a QB? Especially one early that neither are ready to play....lets use it for a punter...at least we'll get some use out of the pick. One QB is a west coast QB....throw 5-6 yds a pass...and the other played in a spread offense....in the shotgun....neither are for us.

I would take a QB in round 3 or 4 if we trade with Minny. I would take a RB with the #7 pick(probably Carnell) and then possibly a WR(Troy Williamson if available) or maybe someone like Spears.

I don't like Frye that early...

RB then a defensive player that will fit our system i.e. Spears or Davis.

Nublar7 said:
I would take a QB in round 3 or 4 if we trade with Minny. I would take a RB with the #7 pick(probably Carnell) and then possibly a WR(Troy Williamson if available) or maybe someone like Spears.

Excellent Nublar...I share your thinking!!! :)

With the 7th Carnell Williams is the obvious choice, at 18 I wouldnt mind Williamson as Nublar said. I also wouldnt mind a player like Marcus Spears or even Thomas Davis here. My personal choice at 18 would be to trade down to the end of round 1 adding picks and take a guy that nobody is talking about now in Elton Brown.

Nublar7 said:

Spears, Merriman and Clayton are three targets that can step right in and play tomorrow...and would upgrade the team. All have great character. All Saban type players. Any two of them would be a great draft by itself....but we would still have miles to go...or lower rounds...LOL.

Back
Top Bottom