RB R. Edwards Looking Impressive | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RB R. Edwards Looking Impressive

BLITZKRIEG

~LACUNA LEGIONS~
Reaction score
On ESPN, C. Mortenson has a small article regarding the impressiveness he has been showing.....

If he can stay healthy during Training Camp, he could be a very valuable player for us if anyhting should happen to RW....

PHINZ RULE!!!:D :D

Looking back at clips of minor last year, makes me want to see more of him this year..sometimes he reminded me of B. Sanders on some runs..but I don't think he could handle the every down play of a NFL back...So I hope R. Edwards or Leonard are up to par. I think we do have better RB's this year... R. Williams,
Minor, R. Edwards, Leonard. does sound better than L. Smith, Minor, JJ. Johnson

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing to remember is the team will carry three RB's so to have two backups the calibre of Minor and Edwards would be incredible. Personally, I would love to see him return to form and become the dominating back, that way, when RW has rushed for 1498 yards by the 15th game of the season, we can sit him down and rest him, while Edwards comes in and does his thing. In this (pipe dream) scenario, RW gets his rest, we still win the games, and we get to keep our first rounder. Gee it's nice to dream. :D

The sentinel had Robert Edwards ahead of Leonard Henry on the Depth chart. Henry is signed so we may carry four RB's.

I have heard Henry has been a major steal in 7th and will prob make team if he can show he can play ST. Reason is:if RE plays great this season than we won't be able to resign him as a backup next year. If he doesn't perform than we would need a backup still anyway.

Minor is entrenched as a 3rd down back and RW is starter but alot of teams carry 4 TB and we should if Henry shows he can be a good backup type for after this year. I would like for us to lock up our RB for years to come and we could do so with 3 young backs like Minor,RW,and hopefully Henry.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
Looking back at clips of minor last year, makes me want to see more of him this year..sometimes he reminded me of B. Sanders on some runs..but I don't think he could handle the every down play of a NFL back...So I hope R. Edwards or Leonard are up to par. I think we do have better RB's this year... R. Williams,
Minor, R. Edwards, Leonard. does sound better than L. Smith, Minor, JJ. Johnson

It's sounds a hell of a lot better than Stanley Pritchett, Bernie Parmalie, Irving Spikes, and Karim Abdul-Jabbar. Or Humphrey, Paige, and Sammy Smith.

Originally posted by Phinstd
I have heard Henry has been a major steal in 7th and will prob make team if he can show he can play ST. Reason is:if RE plays great this season than we won't be able to resign him as a backup next year. If he doesn't perform than we would need a backup still anyway.

Minor is entrenched as a 3rd down back and RW is starter but alot of teams carry 4 TB and we should if Henry shows he can be a good backup type for after this year. I would like for us to lock up our RB for years to come and we could do so with 3 young backs like Minor,RW,and hopefully Henry.

But what are we going to do about our 3 FBs now?? That would be 7 RBs total. It would be damn hard to do that!

Now lets think about this. What "IF" both RE and Henry have outstanding camps?? Do any of you feel we could get a high rd draft pick for RE. He was a very promissing rookie, and if he can show he has come back and take the pounding. Do you think other teams would be interested??

If he shows he can take the punding no way we get rid of him because we don't have another back to take the pounding if something happens to RW.

To Chambers84 we will not carry 3 FB we will only 2. The new FB is only for depth in camp an in case we have an ijury during season.

Originally posted by Phinstd

To Chambers84 we will not carry 3 FB we will only 2. The new FB is only for depth in camp an in case we have an ijury during season.

That's not entirely true, the new FB has a good chance at a roster spot. He will be pushing both Konrad and Dyer for one of their spots. So far Dyer does not have the stats to be intrenched with a roster spot so my guess is it might be him.

Though it was my feelings that this guy was brought in to make room for a possible trade of soon to be FA Robert Konrad, I think it might just be Dyer on the Bubble/Trading block, if Femmi turns out to be anything worth keeping.

Back
Top Bottom