RB Reggie Bush, soon to be a free agent, wants to return to Miami Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RB Reggie Bush, soon to be a free agent, wants to return to Miami Dolphins

Perfect72

It's Only Happened ONCE!
Reaction score
[h=1]http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/sports/football/rb-reggie-bush-soon-to-be-a-free-agent-wants-to-re/nTg3s/

RB Reggie Bush, soon to be a free agent, wants to return to Miami Dolphins[/h]
By Ben Volin
Palm Beach Post Staff Writer
DAVIE —
Some Dolphins players, among them cornerback Sean Smith, have no desire to talk publicly about their impending free agency. Ask Smith if he wants to come back next year, and he goes into Bill Belichick mode, saying he only wants to concentrate on Sunday’s opponent.
Then there’s running back Reggie Bush, who makes no secret about wanting to return next season and beyond. Bush, who turns 28 in March, has spent his last two seasons in Miami after playing his first five in New Orleans, and hopes that Miami will be his last NFL home.
“We’ll see what happens in the off-season and when that times comes, but yeah, I would definitely love to be back,” he said. “There’s definitely some unfinished business here and some things that we want to accomplish.”
One thing Bush would like to accomplish is to reach 1,000 rushing yards for the second straight season. He has 960 entering Sunday’s season finale at New England. If he gains 40 yards, he will join Larry Csonka and Ricky Williams as the only Dolphins to rush for 1,000 yards in consecutive seasons.
But regardless of whether he reaches that benchmark, Bush said he wants to stay in Miami for continuity and because he believes in new coach Joe Philbin’s program.
“I don’t want to keep bouncing around from team to team. I’d like to have a home base,” Bush said. “I talked about wanting to build or bring back the passion about Miami football here in the city and building a franchise, a winning franchise here.”
Bush said he’s “very encouraged’ by the team’s direction. The Dolphins are 7-8, one game better than last year despite playing with a rookie quarterback.
“(Philbin’s attitude) has been really positive for a lot of guys and for the people here, and I think we’ve been feeding off of that,” Bush said. “The direction of this organization is going in the right place.”
Bush is one of several key players who will be a free agent this off-season, joining Smith, offensive tackle Jake Long, tight end Anthony Fasano, receiver Brian Hartline, defensive end Randy Starks, quarterback Matt Moore and safety Chris Clemons.

I would bring Bush back in a heart beat! Smith can gtfo he obviously is looking for a pay day and good reddens I am sick of seeing his soft ass on the field.

Bush is the man. I'd be glad to have him back. He makes us a better team on the field and in the locker room. You keep those guys...

Dynamic playmakers with a high Q-Rating as the face of the franchise don't grow on trees. Hopefully the team can meet him somewhere in the middle - and not be "penny wise and pound foolish" considering his recognition-level, work ethic, leadership and play breaking abilities.

Love to have him back......for the right price!!

Ozzy rules!!

We have to make an effort on brining him back. Miller is still too raw, and DT is injury prone!!

For all the qualities Reggie brings which have been mentioned, I too agree that Reggie should be resigned. I'm sure both parties will agree a fair price that suits all.

I hope Reggie decides to come back. He has shown, in his 2 seasons here, he is a true professional and leader. He drives me nuts with his dancing around in the backfield, but still gives the team a weapon in both the run and pass game. Not sure I'd pay him anything more than a 3yr deal worth between $15m-$18m.

Basically I love his loyalty to the team (Very rare with an lot of players lately), and that along with him still being our biggest playmaker should at the very least grant him a serious negotiation with the Dolphins in the off-season....how much he wants to stay vs top $ will then fall on him to decide.

Well it seems like he wants it and if the phins want it too then this deal should get done easily.

He may "dance around too much", but some of those "dances" were very much Barry Sanders like. He dances around because for the last couple of years there are no big holes up the middle. Bottom line: if the price is reasonable, we keep him in Miami. Get rid of DT (too injury prone and fumbles) and replace him with Miller, low draft pick, or even Thigpen. I envision, with Miller getting more playing time, Bush is the back out on the flats, or quick dump offs 7-10 per game.

If he really wants to stick around we'll know for sure if he's serious once contract figures are released.

Back
Top Bottom